Debug: IDE and Automaticaly Open Files

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

If I have debug on and run into an error, the IDE opens the file and locates the error line. This, on this occasion, was a library file, not the main program.

But if I have that file already opened, it opens a 2nd copy into the IDE when an error occurs.

This is not ideal and can lead to two seperate copies of the same program being edited in the IDE (2 tabs with the same name), which can lead to data loss depending on which copy you last edited then closed.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Yikes. How can I test that?

bigsofty

hmm, in a small test project I cant get it to repeat... but in my large project its doing it all the time?.. still testing...
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

bigsofty

Still getting this, but only seems to affect the lib files, not the main file of the project... I often have two instances of GLBasic running, with different sources, this may have something to do with it... still trying to pin down a repeatable example...
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)