Fatal error compiling for Mac

Previous topic - Next topic

mrplant

Hi

I am using the latest 14.006 compiler and the MACOS download platform.

When I try to compile for the MAC, I get this fatal error output:

Wordcount:3292 commands
compile+link:
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/lib/libGLBasicMac.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libSDL_mixer.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libSDLmain.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/lib/libCxImageMac.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libstdc++-static.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libstdc++.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libgcc.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 8.6 sec. Time: 22:17
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

Any ideas whats up?

thanks.

Kitty Hello

Install the update AFTER indtalling the platform.

mrplant

Aha!!!!! Thanks I will try that. I am sure I just did the updates and then the platforms - makes sense that is wrong way!

mrplant

Nope - tried installing GLBASIC 14.001 and installing the MAC platform.
Still same error when I went to compile.
Updated to 14.006
Same compile error as before again..

very confused...

erico

I´m interested in that as well, my mac compilings failed too.

Kitty Hello

Uploaded a new update this weekend. Does it fix it?

erico

hmmm the update failed saying something like ´failed to instal editord.exe´
will have to do a full clean install to make sure.
Let you know soon how it goes.

edit: One more thing though, mac x86 compile is working here, but still no virtual screen. I will have to test the output on a mac later today/tomorrow.
Will see about the newer update.

erico

Ok, let me elaborate a bit better what happens on my end, appart from the update to 9500 failing.
This is the output I get from glb (006) when I compile to mac x86:
Wordcount:371 commands
compile+link:
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:\Users\JAC\Desktop\MATCHY ADV\MacIcon.icns
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Users/JAC/Desktop/MATCHY ADV/MacIcon.icns
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
Using icns type 'ic09' (ARGB) for 'C:\Users\JAC\Desktop\MATCHY ADV\tmpMacIcon.png'
Saved icns file to C:\Users\JAC\Desktop\MATCHY ADV\MacIcon.icns
Creating .app for MATCHY ADV
run: "Q:\Tools\Icons.exe" "C:\Users\JAC\Desktop\MATCHY ADV\icon.png" /MACOSX
success
Elapsed: 19.9 sec. Time: 23:56
Build: 1 succeeded.

So it creates the file me guesses, but when I move to mac and try to run, I get what you see on the screenshot.
I will try to clean install glb as proposed, but my version 006 was ok and the update failed as I stated on last post.

Kitty Hello

Oh nullpointer. Can you post the console output?

erico

Isen´t it the quoted text on last post? If not, how does one get to this output?
Is it something I need do on the mac itself?

Also, this is the exact error I get from web updating GLB.

mrplant

I did a reinstall of the web download to c:\GLBASIC to rule out any permission problems.
This was V14.
I then downloaded the MAC platform (which I noted is a few months old now). I installed it.
Tried to compile for mac at this point - it failed with the usual errors.
I did a web update to 14.106 and tried again.

This is the current output - still cant compile argh!!!

Really need to compile for mac here - very annoying I cant sort this.

here is output.

Wordcount:3292 commands
compile+link:
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/lib/libGLBasicMac.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libSDL_mixer.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libSDLmain.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/lib/libCxImageMac.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libstdc++-static.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libstdc++.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libgcc.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 6.5 sec. Time: 17:22
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

thanks

steve

mrplant

don't ask me what I did to get it to compile for OSX but I think it was something to do with unzipping the OSX support files under windows rather than MAC.

Anyway next problem, I can now get my project to apparently compile for OS X, except when I zip it up and run it on the mac (I use parallels for duel development), it is almost like the app does nothing eg .. nothing on screen, appears to do nothing at all - doesn't even appear to even launch properly to be honest..

I have had problems compiling my app for months now - surely someone here is using v14 and is writing mac apps or can compile for MAC - does the resulting program work?

I have compiled two of my projects now and both do the same as above. ie nothing.

argh.....

erico

Yep as of my last posts I haven´t tried further yet, I was rebuilding the system and what not here.
I should soon be able to give it a go.

It seems some people have no problems with MAC, I wonder if they are using an older version and which one.