GLB 14 adding platforms

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi Guys

What is the process for add Linux / Mac etc for GLB 14 - it doesnt look like a straight copy over...I will try it anyway
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

MrPlow

Sorted - It is just a copy of the extracted folder to the platform folder

But Mac is saying some part is out of date...cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v14/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libgcc.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)

Whatever this means?
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

JFG

Same error here, first time compiling for OSX
Any idea? I reinstalled everything, still the same

/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/lib/libGLBasicMac.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libSDL_mixer.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libSDLmain.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/lib/libCxImageMac.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libstdc++-static.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libstdc++.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/Q/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libgcc.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

spacefractal

Do you uses Universal or the OS-X_x86 buikd?

The OS-X_uni should completly been removed at all. That platform is not supported by Apple in years.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

JFG

I downloaded "mac.zip", which is OS-X_x86 in GLB.
Should I try an older version of GLB? Like V12?

spacefractal

That Q drive can and might cause trouble. Try move glbasic to a folder without (). This can also happens with Android AZ well.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

JFG

spacefractal

I'm take a look when time. Currently I'm have focus on Apple TV and Android TV. Hopefully Gernot take a look on that as well. Until then, use v12.

Kitty Hello

The lib is outdated? Try reinstalling it all from scratch. First the sdk, then platforms THEN the update.

mrplant

I get same and tried full v14 reinstall from scratch

bigsofty

Do you have any other GCC distros on your system PATH ?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mrplant

erico

Me neither, I can generate the output, but it crashes on a mac.

spacefractal

IM pretty sure its a real issue really. We have property not have compiled the source code correctly, which cause some of the lib files have not have updated correctly and then we see the issue.

Im thinks the a files is still a old version and have not been compiled from the o file correctly or some sort of that, which confuse it. Property ranlib have not been called in the bat file.

Kitty Hello

When I compile I get:
Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:41 commands
compile+link:
      0 [main] png2icns 8900 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:\Users\gf\Documents\GLBasic\_test\MacIcon.icns
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Users/gf/Documents/GLBasic/_test/MacIcon.icns
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
Using icns type 'ic09' (ARGB) for 'C:\Users\gf\Documents\GLBasic\_test\tmpMacIcon.png'
Saved icns file to C:\Users\gf\Documents\GLBasic\_test\MacIcon.icns
Creating .app for _test
run: "C:\Users\gf\Documents\SourceCode\frisch\fun\GLBasic\Tools\Icons.exe" "C:\Users\gf\Documents\GLBasic\_test\icon.png" /MACOSX
erfolgreich
Dauer: 4.0 sek. Zeit: 20:33
Erstellen: 1 erfolgreich.

I have a proper executable generated - which I didn't test if it will run, but it seems at least to compile.

Do you get the file "....\distribute\MacOSX\XXXX.app\Contents\MacOS\MacOSX" ?
If you run that on a console window - what do you get?
My lib is dated:
"GLBasic\Compiler\platform\Mac\lib\libGLBasicMac.a"
1593964 Bytes
Changed 15 nov 2015 20:20:56