14.106 Strange IDE behaviours

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Main window is not displaying and so aren´t many button images, sometimes it flicks a bit.
I don´t know where is that coming from, usually rebooting the machine fixes it for a while.

I have done a full reinstall + web update and get the same thing.
Anyone seeing it too?

Kitty Hello

Oh no. Try to delete the registry key. Or choose another font...

erico

I tried another font, but it didn´t work, same behavior.
What registry key?
I got into HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/dream_design/GLBasic

Do I delete the whole GLBasic entry? Or is there an specific one?

Strange, My other GLBasic versions are all working fine.

edit: Somehow I thing it may be related to Microsoft C++ redistribution as once in a while it pops an error on screen, I will reboot and try to catch it when it happens.

MrTAToad

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers ?

erico

Could it really be the problem? All other GLB versions installed are working fine, the thing is happening only on the couple latest updates of v14.
I sure can give that a shot, but doing gfx card updates here, once did bug production software so I dislike doing so.

I´m really thinking it has something to so with those thousands of c++ microsoft distributions.
Rebooting usually fixes it for a little while, but if left running, some error with that pops up at some point and it bugs after that.

I was getting that error for a while now, even on pre 14 versions, but it never bugged the ide.
Since I just rebooted (which I hardly ever do) it is working, I will see if I can catch the error msg.

I´m also going to format everything and re install my system early jan 2016, so messing about right now is not a problem.
I will try that gfx drive too.

mentalthink

Erico I have the version running under Wine and don't have anything extrange, and I have running under Win7 "real" in another machine and works fine...

Perhaps something you installed recently, or perhaps you need make a fresh Windows installation, I do normally each year.

erico

Yep, my system is kind of old now and it is going to be really hard to actually know what is happening as I can´t seem to recreate the problem.
I just did some system win update and going to do the GFX card too just in case, but a full re-install is going to have to happen early january, where I hope to get that VM going for osx and linux.

Cheers!

erico

Just to let everyone know, I have just done a bunch of win 7 updates+the microsoft spy sh*t+getting rid of the upgrade to 10 tray...reboot and so far all seems fine :zzz:
Oh well, sucks. But all is fine on latest M$ win7 updates. No nvidia update though.

erico

Many many hours later, it seems the win 7 updates fixed whatever was happening with the IDE.
just to test, I left a GLB game running overnite and today I found it closed with this msg displayed.

I will keep doing some tests just in case.

MrTAToad

I have always thought that there was a memory allocation/corruption problem with Windows 7 that would corrupt the icon memory area.  Its possible that Windows 8 and 10 also have it too (there have been times when programs have affected other programs with memory available, corrupt graphics etc).

erico

Yep, maybe it has some relationship.

I just left it running again for the past 3 hours and got the same error, but this time it didn´t close the game at all, so it is still running.
It could be a problem with my old win 7 system installation , maybe someone could check it out?

Open GLB, load some code, compile/run, and leave it running. That window pops out about 2 or 3 hours after.

MrTAToad

Its not the continual memory increase problem back again is it ?

What code do you use to test ?

erico

My avocado game (yes I´m still finishing it), and it auto pauses when not in focus, it is still running since morning and I got about 3 of that last window.
Memory seems not to be increasing at all, but I´d guess I would need a better log then resource monitor to be sure.
I will keep an eye on that memory stuff.

erico

Just to let us know, memory use is stable so far, no problems on this front it seems.

MrTAToad

That's good!

GWXUX is part of Windows 10 update programming - a fair few people have had that crashing.  It may indicate a corrupt file.