Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

they accepted trailiers and screenshots in 16:10, but they do noticed they wanted 16:9, but nothing that doesnt get your game released with that.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

I have started an Adwords campaign. I think Adwords is pretty good, but maybe Facebook ads would work better. Do any of you have any experience with various forms of advertising?  How have you approached this?

MrPlow

I used Google Ads but mainly for my mobile games.

Facebook is better because you can target your audience - but it's more pricey.
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

r0ber7

Google ads got me 1 subscriber to my newsletter. That's not a lot, so I paused the campaign. Think I'm better off doing this on my own for now, or paying someone a little bit to do it for me. In other news:

Quote from: SteamYour app build is in the review queue. This review typically takes 2-3 days, but please allow up to 5 business days in cases feedback needs to be addressed. No further action is required until the review is complete. You may still upload updated builds at any time.

Submitted for review on Dec 21, 2018

=D

This build has six finished levels. Still working on the rest, but it's a nice start!

r0ber7

A few more levels added, and...

You can now find the first Early Access release of Red Wizard Island on Steam. https://store.steampowered.com/app/792390/Red_Wizard_Island/?beta=0

:booze:

r0ber7

Open up all levels at the beginning of the game, or choose for a linear progression model instead?

I was thinking maybe I will give the player the choice to pick from all the levels, except the endboss. Once all levels are completed, they would get to the final level.

Even though the story is linear, it is not primary to the game. You could still choose to do the levels as intended. Alternatively, I could open up two levels at a time, so if a player cannot finish one level they could still progress.

What would you do?

r0ber7

erico

Nice! Body stretching looks cool too.

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

SnooPI

Very professional work. Well done  :good:

mentalthink

HI r0ber, just I purchase yesterday your game, very very nice . Thanks for advise me. I don't play too much yet, but I like a lot remind me a lot to 8 bit Era.

bigsofty

Congrats on the release, I would wish you luck but you don't need it, its a great game it will sell well!  :booze:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

r0ber7

A gif of the trailer I made for the full release:

I now consider this game finished. I will perhaps tweak levels and fix bugs later, but other than that I'm on to other projects.

Here is the trailer on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJBBjV8M4nU

Cheers.   =D

dreamerman

Good luck with the release! :-)
Some thoughts to consider, as it's better to do this on release, later it's just harder to attract some users. Features must to have for this game: controller/gamepad support if it's not present and Steam Cloud for saves (easy to do, just specify what files need to be copied in Steamworks) - as those features aren't listed on game store page. If Your game doesn't have many text based buttons/ui also multi-language support could be good option, and at last also Steam Achievements would fit it nicely.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020