Humble Indie Bundle V is out, and woah!

Previous topic - Next topic

Wampus

Humble Indie Bundle V is available for a fortnight. The usual pay what you want model is being used. Games included:-

Psychonauts
Amnesia
Bastion
Limbo
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Don't know what else to say except wtaf.

Ian Price

Bastion is only included if you pay more than $7.XX (which I'm sure people would).

It's a definite purchase for me - and will be my first Mac purchase. Might as well get some use out of it.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

I've never really liked the others - play the games a few times and then forget about 'em...

erico

This one bundle didn´t get into me too.

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ruidesco

Already got it! :P
Yes I think it's great value as well, just Bastion and Amnesia are worth it already.
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Psychonauts included though. I understand that many people like Tim Schafer's works but calling Psychonauts (published back in 2006 for every major console and PC) or any of his works "independent" is just plain incorrect.

okee

Bought it for limbo, played the demo a while back and really liked it.
Amnesia looks interesting, i saw it being recommended a lot when
looking for first person adventures recently.
Don't know much about the others though
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

erico

Quote from: Ruidesco on 2012-May-31
Already got it! :P
Yes I think it's great value as well, just Bastion and Amnesia are worth it already.
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Psychonauts included though. I understand that many people like Tim Schafer's works but calling Psychonauts (published back in 2006 for every major console and PC) or any of his works "independent" is just plain incorrect.

Yep, I took a personal guess that psycho would be the prime horse on this deal.
I agree with you, nothing indepentent on double´s fine front.

But still, nothing there appeals to me...it is probably just the moment.

Wampus

Psychonauts is definitely not indie. I was confused by that too ;/

I've played through Psychonauts already and played through Amnesia too many times *fear smiley* so I'm getting this for Bastion.

Ian Price

QuoteAmnesia looks interesting, i saw it being recommended a lot...
It really is quite poor. It certainly won't have you laying man eggs like the reviewers say ;)
I came. I saw. I played.

Ruidesco

They are really hitting the spot with this bundle.

erico

I doubt Notch will support this one bunble... :D :D :D

Is it possible for us to see the figures going on individual games?
One thing that always strikes me on a good way, is to see the value MAC and LINUX users put into it. :good:

Ruidesco

Doesn't look like there's more info than the one already visible there. It would be interesting info, although maybe it would be comparatively aggravating if they did so, or maybe the majority of people don't even care to the point of changing the money split (myself included) so it doesn't really make an impact.

Wampus

Quote from: okee on 2012-May-31
Amnesia looks interesting, i saw it being recommended a lot

The real reason Ian doesn't like this game is because it cost him twenty pairs of pants before he got past the first loading screen. :P

Seriously though, the puzzles can be very frustrating if you get stuck on them, which you will at some point. I found that broke the immersion. Since immersion is everything with Amnesia I found a walkthrough that got me through the puzzles yet didn't contain any 'fun' spoilers: http://www.gamefaqs.com/mac/605845-amnesia-the-dark-descent/faqs I recommend using it when you really need to.

Play it alone, with headphones on loud and in the dark. Its the only way.

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Jun-01
It really is quite poor. It certainly won't have you laying man eggs like the reviewers say ;)

It da best game evar.  :whip:

Lik dis if u nope evrytime

I know you don't like Amnesia but what do you think of this on first impression: -

Ian Price

QuoteThe real reason Ian doesn't like this game is because it cost him twenty pairs of pants before he got past the first loading screen. :P
I LOVE horror - books, films, games. None of which gives me nightmares or scares the crap out of me. And this game certainly doesn't. I found it tedious to the extreme - even with headphones on while playing in the dark.

That vid looks pretty interesting - it's certainly original in that you play as a baby/small child, so the perspective is different. I would presume that the kid doesn't use weapons against the enemy either - perhaps just using it's physical differences to hide and escape under and in things like vents etc. Nice to be able to see hands and feet in a FPS too. This interests me far more than Amnesia. :)
I came. I saw. I played.