Android NDK r5 & GLBasic

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

I was reading an article about android on the stock market.
It seems that 75% of all android devices sold, reside in korea.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Dabz

Yes - once I start with Android, I can make a donation thread, because obviously I need a device to test on, and google won't give me one for free. (Or will they?)

Donations are a real pain in the bot hole for generating cash in my experience, I'm new to the community so I have no idea how generous people are on these boards, but, for testing, you'll want a decent phone, with proper OpenGL ES support, a number of cheaper phones only have a software driver for OpenGL ES, a member of my site had the use of a Android phone, the phone was indeed a pretty decent spec'd phone, yet, it only contained the software driver... Thus, he had to hack and slash at it before he could do anything decent with it!

I'm pretty keen supporting Android, so will oblige with a donation anyway, but, and this is just an idea, why not reward people who donate with something, maybe like personal access to your Android based beta software, that they can test on their actual devices up until you aquire yours... So on one hand, your getting a bit of a run out with it on other users phones, on the other, you'll probably end up with a shiny new phone faster then you would with just a normal donation scheme!

Just an idea! ;)

Dabz

Millerszone

I paid $108 for GLBasic Premium several months ago and thought that was a very low price.
Now with WebOS and Android, I'll be happy to give a donation to Gernnot.
Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

Marmor

Moebius

Hopefully you can get something out of the business proposal form... the only thing is that google doesn't make any phones themselves....
Honestly, you'd think such a massive corporation would be more... contactable?
Anyway I'll be happy to "buy you a soda" (didn't that use to be a 'beer'?).  What more could you ask from a language?
:offtopic:
...and sorry, I couldn't resist:
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

ketil

Quote from: Serpent on 2011-Jan-29
Hopefully you can get something out of the business proposal form... the only thing is that google doesn't make any phones themselves....
Honestly, you'd think such a massive corporation would be more... contactable?
Anyway I'll be happy to "buy you a soda" (didn't that use to be a 'beer'?).  What more could you ask from a language?
:offtopic:
...and sorry, I couldn't resist:

Google don't make phones ?
http://www.google.com/nexus/#

Probably manufactured by HTC, but then again ... Apple dont manufacture the iPhones themself either.

An Android DevPhone is probably what you would want. It features an unlocked bootloader, so you can install custom system images (Different OS or versions), but Nexus has better specs.
http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html

"Sugar makes the world go 'round. Caffeine makes it spin faster."

Moebius

I happily stand corrected - perhaps something could come out of a business proposal (hopefully!).
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary