Hi about know the current free Memory in a Device...

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi there...

It´s possible know how quantity of Memory it´s free in mobile Devices... , I think can be usefull for take control over the aplication running in the Devices... perhaps whit this coomand, it´s possible to know if, we have to reduce or compress more the images or changing thing in the Code...

Thanks in advance...

spacefractal

Free memory cannot been trusted as least on iOS i know. In Jungool example I have se so low as 5mb and then later around 30-35mb, property because its respons correctly to the "low memory", which glbasic does not do (here its just crash). There is a callback which need to been responsed when memory is low, and if its dosent do that, iOS might kill it (as well some other bg apps).

But you can detect the device on iOS and then you know how much ram they actuelly have. My game dosent have any of those problem since its only use around 20mb ram. often you have around 70mb ram my guess on older devices.

Howover Im not sure how other mobile os than iOS works about memory.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

mentalthink