Photoshop Alternative (No Gimp)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

http://krita.org/

HI I find this soft, I like more than Gimp at least the User interface seems more like PS, I don't test because it's only for Win and Linux, for Mac they don't have release any version...

I comment because when I used Gimp I have a lot of troubles , crash sometimes another times, the soft frozens... perhaps this soft you like more or perhaps runs better.

Regards

erico

That is really interesting, I´m up to give a try. :good:
I read there is this guy doing a paper+project to bring animation to it. would be nice.

Thanks Mental!

Schranz0r

\o/ THX!
I'll give it a try :)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

erico

About the animation, it seems a chap has been doing a sort of plugin that kind of works already.
I can´t find a compiled version but his code seems available on repositories.

Here is the link to his current work as he seems to be updating stuff:
http://openplanets.blogspot.com.br/2013/06/first-steps-towards-animation-in-krita.html

I like what I see, shape/paint layers, onion skion, etc.
Let´s hope he can push that up.

I also read that anim can be currently done by using a set of group layers.
But I suspect this technik, which is similar to the current one I use in photoshop, won´t bring much good to the table.

It would be really awesome if there was a mobile version too, but I could not find anything related to android on krita sketch.

Haven´t yet tried the app at all, should do sometime later.

One last thing, if you are a GIMP user, you can do anim and postprocessing video by using GAP.
It is the only know anim/post free combination of packages I currently know about.

bigsofty

Never saw this one before, thanks for the link!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

BdR

Wow, I'd never heard about Krita before, it looks pretty cool. :good: It takes some getting use to, but it's got nice options and brushes. Looks like it's geared more toward painting and creating comic-style art than to photo editing though. But still, I never really could  work with GIMP, this is a great alternative.

Btw Paint.Net (freeware) is also pretty cool, at least to do simple editing of screenshots or icons or cropping photo's.