So, OUYA. Will YA?

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Quote from: fivesprites on 2013-Jul-03
All games are free with IAP to purchase full version, so integration with OUYA IAP is a must.

Then this one game of mine won´t see the oyeah light. :puke:
It is the kind of stuff that can´t be demoed.

fivesprites

That's a shame :(

To be honest, it's a challenge for me too, but I'm going to give it a go. We'll see I guess :)

//Andy

spacefractal

Today after playing again, then... No latency issues this time and works near perfectly (trackpad not used).  Howover I'm did move my console top on speaker and have not blocked the line. It's still behind, due the room. So you might try move the console, if you have that issue. Weird.

A fun thing you can also plugin a wired Xbox controller and worked, but the game do must support the key input different.... Which is not 100% the same. Might even we should aware of that, and nice way to detect and checks two controllers.

Canabalt used credits as trail, and some games might use timers. So that might suit your game better?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Good ideas Space!

But even the timer could not work on my case. It is fast paced game with short more or less fixed time, at the most 5 minutes from start to end.
It is casual as canabalt and somehow point/story based.

Anything that I release, demo or time (let´s say 2min) will depreciate the experience and spoil the very little discovery you get. If I remove some stuff, the game looses its ability to be fun. So I´m pretty sure this is a no-go for the ouyah format.

But that is fine, maybe next game can fit those requirements and I can design with that (and demo) in mind. :good:

Ian Price

QuoteAlso, if you're considering selling apps then you have to fill in a form W8-BEN which is a pain in the proverbial!
If you've developed for webOS you've filled in a W8-BEN already. They aren't that problematic tbh - most sections don't actually apply unless you're living or employed in the US.

I do hope that Gernot can get OUYA and the IAP ready in the next update - it'd be great for all of us to get an early foot in the door and get our stuff out there and selling. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

You could tryout the canabalt model, here you have 5 tries each day, and a bonus one if you ran over 5000m. I'm thinks your game is some sort of a endless runner?

In Greedy Mouse I'm should go after "unlock genius/normal mode" and "unlock all levels".....

If gernot don't do ,  then me or five sprites do that :-). It's all java based, but sdk upgrade can take time to do that. It's possible without breaks glbasic itsself.

About w8-Ben, you mightbeen right :-).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Marmor

have you a glb sample running ?

erico

Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Jul-03
You could tryout the canabalt model, here you have 5 tries each day, and a bonus one if you ran over 5000m. I'm thinks your game is some sort of a endless runner?

Not quite an endless runner, it something you have to do your best on about 4min and stay alive while doing so. (up there I meant score, not point).
But this idea of yours could really work out! Excellent! A few tries per day with some bonuses.
The game itself is geared towards a few tries per day already, it is not the kind of game you would spend hours continuously(unless adicted  and pissed about it :P). It is coffee stuff.
It could do if I release a few tries :)

Thanks! :good:

And good luck on the oyua support, maybe gernot has that in mind? My guess is that it will depend on how advanced html support is (yeah how much more work is needed), android issues and also that he would have to have one oyeah console to try things out.

Let´s see it comes about! Super thanks again.

:offtopic:
Five sprites, what is it that you are developing on vita? Latest sony news show me they are heading towards better support indies+homebrew...got me curious.
That is c# I believe right? :(

spacefractal

First at all, SDK 4.0 and NDK 4.0 is required. Its property NOT Works with SDK 2.2 at all. So Glbasic Android support need to upgraded to that! Howover me and five sprites seen have succesfull that upgrade to the android folder. Fivesprites might have used a higher version SDK, but im did choices SDK 4.0 and newsest NDK version this time (due NDK dosent support higher Api level anyway, howover SDK 4.1 could been used eventuelly).

Im also tested Greedy Mouse with SDK 4.0, and the game ran nice on both Tab2 (android 4.1) and Desire HD (Android 2.3). Howover there is some multi taskning issues, but its a differens one here. So its seen not breaks early device support in this time writing and hence its should run on Ouya to. Howover that must wait in few days after reinstall anything. With that in mind, its pretty much the same you doing with Ouya (when doing Advanced settings, you even see the stock Android interface), just with inapp purchases as well the controller support added on. Gernot could add that native in sdl java to sending data to the joy functions, or you just do one java call using AndroidExtras.

When me and Fivesprites got that to Work, im have no trouble to send the Whole Android folder with ouya support to Gernot, so he can include that to a beta (and hence using a upgraded SDK)....

fivesprites

:offtopic:
Five sprites, what is it that you are developing on vita? Latest sony news show me they are heading towards better support indies+homebrew...got me curious.
That is c# I believe right? :(

I'm a licensed Sony developer so have access to a Vita DevKit rather than the PlayStation Mobile (PSM).  The native stuff is all C++ and Cg for shaders.  It's quite neat, but pretty complicated at times.   Working with Rob Fearon to bring pretty lasers to the Vita :)   And yes, there's a lot of indie love surrounding Sony at present!

erico

Ha, it is the squid/octopus guy! Great, his lasers are really fun!

Now if you are saying ´complicated´ then I´m sure I would not be able to even hello world! :P
Let us know the outcomes. :good:

...but wait, C++? Then it could somehow work with GLB?

fivesprites

Yep, Mr squid himself :)  New game is called drm:one  :P

Not much hope of GLB with Vita as no SDL and far too much work involved :(

spacefractal

Im have finally got Greedy Mouse to run, but its would not been perfectly at all.

- Texture size is limited to 2048x2048, but Greedy Mouse game using 4096x4096 texture for tiles for Retina. That mean, im cant use full details for this console and the tiles might require some upscaling. So the graphics is garbaged, but shown fine when map is zoomed out (which uses 2048x2048). So that is a texture limit issue.
- Keyhandler with glbasic() is very buggy. It seen its detect both KEYDOWN and KEYUP events as its was pressed down, while its should not do that! Im got also a lots of "Unknown Keycode XX" and that is not shown in the java SDL file.
- Analoge controls require some AndroidExtras code. So the glbasic keyhandler need to been removed and using AndroidExtras. Hopefiully that possible (if not Gernot fix that).

Howover at least the game did run and shown some Graphics.... there is still works to due, and its will NOT use FullHD Graphics, due texture limit. Howover since you will play on a big screen, im can use a little zoom when ouya is detected, than im would on a mobile.

erico

Can´t you split the tiles to fit the 2k res limit? like transform it into 4 2k sets for example?
Congrats on the deed! It is getting there. :good:

spacefractal

The game was not designed with texture split in mind and will require a lots of relocation work.

Howover I'm got medium details to work, which using 2048x2048 tiles texture with 25% upscaling (normally its around 40-50% in fullhd). In nativehd Im don't even zoom, so here you would see more area instead. That is prevent the game being too pixelated and will fully playable. That is possible due bigger screen, but would been too small on tables. Graphics now works.

I'm do need find java code tomorrow to detect max texture support, so it's can do that automatic on mobile. A little bug to fix. That to been added to androidextras and give that to five sprites.

Next project is get joypad input to work and glbasic not use that as a keyboard. I'm hope can override that.

Ps. Khama miwa would not suffer the texture limit issue.