Main forum > Bug Reports

Problem with opening the helpfile

<< < (3/9) > >>

Moru:
I preffer HTML help since it's more future proof, not dependant on what OS i'm running at the moment. Sure, the F1 function is usefull but since I need to press enter to get the article after that it's not that much you loose.

Hemlos:

--- Quote from: Moru on 2008-Aug-07 ---I preffer HTML help since it's more future proof, not dependant on what OS i'm running at the moment. Sure, the F1 function is usefull but since I need to press enter to get the article after that it's not that much you loose.

--- End quote ---

I agree, it is a better standard in programming technology imo....html
Maybe you can put the html, for offline use with the SDK install?  =D

MrTAToad:
What happens is that a program uses the Vista version of MSVCRT and replaces the one in SYSTEM32 - which, whilst fine on Vista machines, doesn't exactly work well with XP.

I've recently had this (its knocked out CHM viewer and my sound manager).  I do suspect that GLBasic was the cause unfortunately - so it might be worth checking to make sure that uses the correct version of MSVCRT.  However, saying that, it can be caused by a wide variety of other programs too.

Fortunately, trying a SFC /scannow seems to have fixed it.

Kitty Hello:
No, I'm not overwriting msvcrt.dll it a newer version is installed - and I install a quite old one (IIRC).
Will have to see again, though.

MrTAToad:
Fair enough :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version