Developing for Iphone on Windows

Previous topic - Next topic

stormwire

Some interesting info I found that might help people who cant afford a Mac. You may wanna read the full page. I fany of you know a better way then please let me know here. Cheers :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22358/how-can-i-develop-for-iphone-using-a-windows-development-machine

erico

thanks for the info Stormwire...
I'm about to buy an ipad and still solving the 'buying a mac' problem as I have absolutely no use for it other then compiling apps...

I read through it but it seems too much a hassle to get thinks working. It only seems as I haven't tried, I will borrow a friends mini mac for some time and run things with it, see if I can make some profit out of the apple store before I fork my own...

thanks a lot for the info, that was a good read

stormwire

No prob :) I am gonna take a stab at the hackintosh later and see if I can get it to work =D Like you I have no other need for a mac. I have been looking at second hand Macs but even those can be expensive :O

hardyx

I found this too. Airplay SDK allows to develop and release iPhone/iPod/iPad commercial applications for free in Windows. Uses c++ language, and is free for idevices if you are a small developer. ¿Anybody tried this?

http://www.airplaysdk.com/overview.php

erico

monono

I like the way how it is done with the www.dragonfiresdk.com. If u use it u can compile it on their macs from your win pc. If we had something like this, people could share compiler time with the community. :)

Slydog

Quote from: monono on 2011-Jan-12
I like the way how it is done with the www.dragonfiresdk.com. If u use it u can compile it on their macs from your win pc. If we had something like this, people could share compiler time with the community. :)

That would be cool!  Have a dedicated Mac with TeamViewer installed.
You book time on the Mac ahead of time, (1/2 hour blocks?) then get emailed a custom invite code for TeamViewer, log in and do your compile and remotely send yourself the results.

But, you would need to set up your developer information each time, unless that can be saved to a config for future compiles.  Hmm, painful but doable!   :S
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]