V8 beta

Previous topic - Next topic

matchy

Quote from: Hark0 on 2010-Jul-13
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Thanks matchy!!!
WORKING PERFECT!!!!!   :good: :good: :good:
(I missing "second" step 5 -Set iPhone OS Deployment Target to iPhone OS 3.2-)  :P
THANKS TO ALL!!!!
8)
Oh good! Hope to see some good stuff.

I'm not exactly sure when OS4.0 arrives for iPad but should be soon.

Kitty Hello

Can someone update the FAQ for "iPhone/iPod" please?

Hark0

My idea are preparing a tutorial for my blog (with snapshots etc)..... If you want I translate and copy these tutorial for this forum.

YES?

NOT?

Please select to continue....

:)
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

Hark0

Quote from: matchy on 2010-Jul-13

Oh good! Hope to see some good stuff.

OF COURSE!
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

MrTAToad

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Jul-13
Can someone update the FAQ for "iPhone/iPod" please?
I've added it to the "Compiling for iPhone" section...

Hark0

Thank you all once again.

This forum gets better everyday!
:good:

Hatonastick

Should I upgrade to 8 Beta?  Or wait till it uses the updater instead of requiring full downloads every time you've updated it.

Taking into consideration I have a really slow DSL connection thanks to miles of 80 year old copper wiring and an exchange right out of the middle-ages (possibly a slight exaggeration :)).
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

Quentin

I've just learned that its also possible to upgrade the Beta version. Just download and install 8.006 and use the normal upgrade function.

Kitty Hello

Yes, take V8. the problem is, once V8 is released, you need a new setup to use newer updates then. So watch for when it goes release.

MrTAToad

I presume it'll be best uninstall the previous versions before V8 as well ?

Hatonastick

What algorithm is ENCRYPT and DECRYPT using?  I'm mostly asking so I don't recreate it in my library (which has the usual standard crypto hashes and stream ciphers). :)

Also, where the heck is the info on the changes to types that everyone except me seems to have?  Might make what I'm doing in my game easier.  Maybe.  I use a lot of types.  =D

Kitty Hello

Blowfish, 128 bit

Hatonastick

Cool. :)  I'm a bit of a Bruce Schneier fan -- one of my favourite books in my (now drastically reduced due to the Internet and books not remaining current for long) computer book collection is 'Applied Cryptography' (it's out of date, but still an interesting read).  Might want to mention that it's Blowfish in the documentation though.

fjsantosb

Hi!

I have tried the lovely v8 beta version and all seems to work wells but NETWEBGET$.

I have discovered on this command when compiling Exodus, that don't seems to work properly on iPhone devices (ios4.0).

If I turn off wifi (not internet connection), it's seems to work well, but if my wifi is turn on, then game hangs on loading screen (on network command).

This is a resume of log:
Exodus[72] has active assertions beyond permitted time:
{(
    <SBProcessAssertion: 0x2c5e00> identifier: Suspending process: Exodus[72] permittedBackgroundDuration: 10.000000 reason: suspend owner pid:26 preventSuspend  preventThrottleDownCPU  preventThrottleDownUI
)}

Thread 0:
0   libSystem.B.dylib                0x3185e68c 0x317d5000 + 562828
1   libSystem.B.dylib                0x317d78a0 0x317d5000 + 10400
2   Exodus                           0x0010223c GFHawkNetwork::WGet(char const*, char const*, unsigned short, char const*, char*, long, int) + 1608
3   Exodus                           0x000fb0fc __GLBASIC__::NETWEBGET_Str(__GLBASIC__::DGStr const&, __GLBASIC__::DGStr const&, int, int, int) + 252

Anyone got same error?

Anyway, v8 is really a great update!

King Regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

matchy

My experience also with v8 NETWEBGET$ on os4 is it does visit the webpage (visit logged) but then freezes.  :'(