GLBasic V9 is out

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

One thing to note : V9 isn't compatible with Windows 2000

aonyn

Thanks okee,

Your advice did not work directly, but it lead me to the solution.
I uninstalled, deleted everything, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and still no compiling.

Then I took it a step further, and did everything above, plus searched the registry for all references to GLBasic, and deleted them.
I then reinstalled, and it works as expected, although I had to re-enter my license key of course.

@Gernot
I don't think I need more help, it works on my machine now.
Do you know why the registry may have prevented the new version from working on my machine though?
Is this perhaps expected in XP, or was this unusual, and worth investigating what went wrong?

@MrTAToad
Your post had me worried, I thought perhaps that would be an incompatibility for me as well   :blink:
I am very glad that wasn't the case, I can't afford a hardware or OS upgrade right now.

Thanks,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Kitty Hello

very strange. The only registry keys I write are HKCU/Software/DreamDesign/GLBasic.

aonyn

Hi Gernot,

Well that is strange, there were many keys, although admittedly a large percent of them pointed to my projects, so obviously created automatically as I worked in GLBasic.
There must have been at least a dozen others though which did not point directly to my projects.

Anyway, I searched 'GLBasic' backed up everything I found, then deleted, and now it works.

regards,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

MrTAToad

Dont forget a lot will be about the last files and projects used, text colours and window positions etc etc

V9 is very nice, by the way!

aonyn

Hi MrTAToad,

Yes, that makes sense, and probably explains it.
Thanks for that, now that I have it working, I will be able to spend some time with it.
Knowing Gernot's work on GLBasic's previous versions, I have no doubt it will be very nice as always.  :nw:

regards,
Dave

DaCarSoft

GLBasic 9 was failing for me, at the first execution of "EditorE.exe".
It was showing a message box telling that mfc100.dll was missing.

I was searching the origin of the error, and I found that I needed to update the Windows Installer to 3.1 rev2, to install correctly GLBasic (it appears that the Microsoft's 2010 runtimes was failing).

I use VMware and Windows XP SP2 (I suppose that SP3 does not have this problem).

Now I can run GLBasic 9 fine.

Hope this helps someone!  ;)
"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

aonyn

Hi Gernot,

Yesterday, when I started GLBasic, it saw a new version and downloaded / installed it.
However, The logfile shows no new version after version 9.006, and my IDE info still says it is version 9.006.
The update did appear to be unusually small.

Was this perhaps some minor fix, that did not warrant an entire new version assignment and log file addition, or did something go wrong with my update?

Thanks,
Dave

MrTAToad

Its 9.104 now...

msx

oooh, I have the 9.014 version  :whistle:

MrTAToad

Same here too!

kamakazieturtle

Quote from: millerszone on 2011-Feb-09
Thanks Gernot for WebOS and all the other goodies. Can't wait for Android. :)

Are we getting Android Support!?!?

aonyn

Thanks Gernot,

Ver 9.015 seems to indeed fix both editor bugs I reported.  :nw:

regards,
Dave

freedomdown

Pandora compiling works now, thanks.

Though PLATFORMINFO$("") still returns "LINUX" instead of "PANDORA"

Kitty Hello

OK, fixed next update.