Pirate Blocx is out on the itune store :)

Previous topic - Next topic

djtoon

Well.  Pam here we go.  Going to do it. Tommarow. Final four is on

Ian Price

QuotePam here we go.
Do you mean Palm or are you talking about my wife? You're welcome to her. About time I got a newer model anyway! :P
I came. I saw. I played.

okee

Works great here on a ipod first gen, loads very quickly, the only thing
i'd say is on first load i was waiting and waiting at the "dooshi games" logo
screen, thinking it was loading, i didn't realise i had to touch the screen to start, now it may be
my stupidity :) but usually games display the logo screen while the game is loading and then
the start screen automatically appears when the game is finished loading.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

djtoon

yap... the next update has that fix'd :)

okee

Just a couple of gameplay things

I agree with slydog a little icon on the bottom left to get back to the ship
would be good.

Also I think you need to introduce the new cannon balls to the user, this seems
to be the trend in ipod games i.e. cut the rope, angry birds etc
On the first level theres a black cannon ball
then on level 2 there's a red, yellow and black, after using them i'm still not sure
what the major difference is between them

When killing the last dooshe on a level the level complete appears too quickly, the
main joy of these games is watching the destruction, once the last dooshe is killed
maybe have a "next level" button appear on the bottom right for players who want
to move on but still show the destruction.

I think you've done a better job with the previous "launch path" it's very clear and
easy to see, it always annoyed me about AB that the last path was in white and very
hard to see.

The graphics look great.
I think you have a winner on your hands, with the potential for expansion packs etc
Sign me up for the first dooshe doll :)

okee   
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

djtoon

thank you
i am making alot of art + gameplay changes plus 30+ levels
comming soon....

Yodaman Jer

If only I had an iPod touch!

I did just find and play the little Windows demo you put together though, and holy cow is this a great game! It really shows the power of GLBasic and a talented programmer. :) Great work!  :good:
Click the pic to go to my development blog!