V11 beta

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

This thread is about the V11 beta version tests. If you don't have access to the beta, ignore it. If you urgently want access, mail me.

Minion

Have just been playing with a beta of V11 .... and by the looks of it, what I can tell theres a huge speed increase in it. Ive been doing a lot a math and string handling in one of my programs, and it would look like its running twice as fast ;) Ive got a job calculating speeds, and in version 10 it takes 131 10,000ths of a second, where as in the V11 it only takes 71 ;)

D2O

Hi,
ist in der V11 Beta die möglichkeit für die GUI schon Programmierung enthalten?
Wenn ja, wo finde ich die Befehle/Funktionen dazu, in der Hilfe steht noch nichts drinn.

Kleiner Beispielcode möglich?
I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;
Lenovo ThinkPad T400: XP Pro
GLB Premium-immer Aktuell

Qube

V11 beta? - Can you PM me a link to that please, Gernot? pretty please  =D - Would love to give that a whirl on my game.

spacefractal

how much is changed (just in short)?

In v10 the beta was public, but not this time? I guess its due traffic and something like that?

I have no problem to either wait or if I need that PM it throught. Nothing problem.

I property not have big time to test the new GUI, which I guess is the main part of the beta? That part would have no problem if its should cost extra for that new package since its wont broke any thing from v10 at all, whichwould been great (BlitzMax did that too, but later might have changed its to free?).

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

You could always ask to test it - then it will be available to you :)

One important fix is MOUSEAXIS 0 and 1 along.

MrTAToad

There does seem to be a bug with X_LOADOBJ "" - it doesn't seem to be freeing the loaded the 3D object, so the next call to GEN_XOBJ comes up with a new value (and not the old one).

I know that the 3D graphic wasn't unloaded as I can still display the objects with the previous ID value :)

Would it be also possible to get normals calculated for DDD objects, so that texture positioning is correct ?

Schranz0r

Whats now new in v11?
Can't see anything new there...
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrTAToad

// V 11
   // Core:
   //    if CREATESCREEN fails, GETSPRITESIZE will return 0,0.
   //    LIMITFPS > 0 will hint the driver to sync to the screen
   //       refresh rate.
   //    Faster constant handling of constant strings.
   //    ALLOWESCAPE didn't work on console apps (NETWEBEND ended)
   //    RETURN a=b // code was converted to "return a=b" instead of "a==b".
   //    New data type: int64. Demo: LOCAL i64 AS int64; i64 = ...
   //    FILESEEK and GETFILESIZE with with int64 now.
   //
   // Editor:
   //    Context menu offers "Google" option.
   //    Option to disable splash screen implemented.
   //
   // Compiler:
   //    nested ?IFDEF did not work sometimes.
   //
   // 3D:
   //    X_PRINT faster on mobiles. Optional kerning parameter added.
   //
   // New Command:
   //    IIF(expression, on_true, on_false)

bigsofty

Oooh, I64, this could be handy for affixed point maths lib! Overall there are some real nice additions there.

Not had a chance to try the beta yet though, is it ok to install in parallel to V10, as mine is a bit of a PITA to re-install due to all the C bumf I use with it?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Should be able to install parallel. Check the path when installing.

Schranz0r

OK there is no GUI internal commands.
Gernot the one on the Server is the newest right?
If you deliberately plan to place all "elements" on the left side?
Or is it a bug if i compile o.O
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

caffeinekid

The Windows native iPhone compile didn't make it in to v11? Shame but it seems from reading that some things are a lot faster which is always good. :)

bigsofty

With me I quit the registration dialogue(to look up my serial) and it instantly came up as registered, I think that's probably due to the fact that the V10 registration number is still on the computer but I though I should mention it just in case.   :whistle:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Yes. That's OK this way. It's because there's school licenses and I don't want teachers to run around because jokers typed in wrong numbers to a valid license.