Does any one remember SPACE HAWKS on the CPC?

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/pg90-gx4000.htm - Nice info on that console. Atari STE was a very much improvement over the Atari ST, its clearly on some games (mostly in the sound).

erico, im mean have heard about Mad Fighter. Im got the machine at my 18 years birthday, and some month after (or such), im upgraded that with a SX-1, so im could uses that as a regular Amiga 1200 (that was the property the main reason im had the console). Im have no idea its still works, but could been fun to checks it out.

PS. Greedy Mouse was started as a Amos game for around 20 years ago as Mouse Runner, hehe.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Games sell a  lot more with TV advertising though...

mentalthink

A1200 this it's greater words, the nice it's today you can buy a new from fabric , real 1200, a bit expensive, but this it's a real complex machine, I think this it's 32 bits, not 16.

And AMOS, I just looking this Basic, perhaps I will do something with a friend for Amigas, make some games in Retroscene I think can help to sell iPhone and newer devices games, in fact here Relevo Studio make this strategy and between the RetroGamers have a lot acceptation all this games.

MrTAToad

I used to have BlitzBasic for my A600 - it was very buggy...

Ian Price

I had BlitzBASIC too and all the AMOS programs (Easy AMOS, AMOS, AMOS PRO, AMOS COMPILER) for my A600. AMOS PRO was my weapon of choice back in the day. The Blitz (Amiga, not pc) syntax always seemed really strange to me - AMOS was much more natural and intuitive.

Anyway, how far off-topic have we come? :P
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

Hehe. Typical and sorry to the original thread owner.

Howover look forward to the remake. Property you should annonce it's as a new thread in the annonce forum.

Ps. Ian, If you can, you should split all offtypic as general amstrad & console thread? If its not mixed too much. It's was not bashing as such, just a great talk.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

hehe, mine was the bog standard amos. I bought blitz, but could never even do an asteroid on it, got me pissed.

But hey, we are not off topic, let me prove. ::)

" Does any one remember SPACE HAWKS on the CPC?"

1- first we have to remember the CPC, so we are discussing that and the variations and capabilities.
2- To properly remember the CPC, we must also climb down the computer era...PC-AMIGA-ETC
3- This is a BASIC forum, so amos and blitz are pertinent.
4- publicity is also related as those are media pieces that help remember.

See? So we are actually on the path of the topic. The subtopics help argument on the main topic. ;) :D

erico

Hey Space, I never heard of that game either.
But I´m eager to see what Brix has come up with on that front.

spacefractal

Amos was a bit slow, but great to use and have a great big manual.

And it's was in the offtype, not as a announcement thread. But it's was more on the game. Mightbeen a bit wrong forum? Then offtype happens.

Ian Price

Threads always deviate after a time - that's their nature, but I'm more than willing to get this back on-topic. We just need a demo to continue properly ;) :P

At least we're keeping this thread alive - as a reminder that we're waiting anxiously for this game ;)
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

...you just perfectly spoke my thoughts  :o :good:

mentalthink

You are a Retro-Bad-Guys the post have to continue with the Game :rant:  , but really I like a lot this part... Ian it's the responsable, :D :D  the boss tell you something :happy:...  erico,space and me  don't have problem we are clients JAJAJA  =D =D =D

erico