Down boy! Down! Off the sofa!
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

no pasaran : hackers

SnooPI

GLB + SNOOPY + FORUM =  <3

no pasaran  =D

SnooPI

https://twitter.com/glbasic  (twitter'home of Gernot Frisch the creator of GLB )

no response from 11/12/2013
last message on the forum after the crash
Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2014-Apr-18
Hi
The server is said to have two raid 10 disks crashed at the same time. They restored from my last backup. January that is. Oh no. I have to kick backups manually. It's terrible. What now? Move to a bigger, yet more expensive provider? Do I really need a root server?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

I answered him
Quote from: Snoopy on 2014-Apr-19
could you make a tweet on https://twitter.com/glbasic  gernot

it's just to be sure it's you  ;)

since? .. nothing
same for spacefractal

erico

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2014-Apr-18
The server is said to have two raid 10 disks crashed at the same time. They restored from my last backup. January that is. Oh no. I have to kick backups manually. It's terrible. What now? Move to a bigger, yet more expensive provider? Do I really need a root server?

tough points...need a little time to think about it.

SnooPI

Quote from: erico on 2014-Apr-18
and now the president has been kidnapped! :o

Quote from: msx on 2014-Apr-18
A conspiracy to end the reign of Gernot?

it's maybe true  :(

very very strange

kanonet

Come on, dont panic. If they feel like, then you will get your response, sooner or later. Just wait some time.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

SnooPI

I find it really strange that gernot shows no signs on his tweeter

SnooPI

twitter is more difficult to hack  ;)

kanonet

But why the panic? You asked him less then 2 hours ago - normally it can take him days till he answers, and atm there holidays, so no point in repeating your question every 10 mins.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

SnooPI

Quote from: kanonet on 2014-Apr-18
Come one again? Seriously? I really miss some professionalism here - I mean a server crash can always happen, but thats why you make backups... Its a bit annoying, sorry. :rant:

the server crashes too often
this is not normal

erico

Twitter? what is that? :S

If this becomes the most discussed thread this past 4 months, I´m up to jump the bridge! ;/

imrsiv

Gernot:

If you have to kickoff backups manually, is there a way to set up a CRON job to do the same?

Steve

SnooPI

Quote from: erico on 2014-Apr-19
Twitter? what is that? :S

If this becomes the most discussed thread this past 4 months, I´m up to jump the bridge! ;/

just a verification .... don't panic