List of entrants/entries into the Xmas/Easter GLBasic competition

Previous topic - Next topic

Achim

Thank for your game iprice, this brings back nice memories of the good'n old retro times :)

CYA !
- www.softworxs.de -
[Be different - play smart]

Ian Price

Now fixed (I'll upload a new version soon). Thanks for reporting :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Schranz0r

i'm on level 45 now :)

EDIT:
 46 :D

EDIT:

EDIT:
48 ;)

EDIT:
49 ^^

EDIT:
50 .....I'm a Pro ;)

EDIT:
ahhmmm.... 51

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:

EDIT:
62 :)

EDIT:

EDIT:
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

BumbleBee

The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Ian Price

I've identified a new bug (when using touchscreen or mouse) the EXIT button doesn't function correctly. I've now fixed this and sent a new version to Gernot.

I'll upload a new version later. Sorry about that.
I came. I saw. I played.

Schranz0r

Its OK iprice ;)

I'm on level 67 now, thats a hard one .... :(

;)

COOL GAME !

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

PeeJay

I'm on level 80 and it is a real head scratcher

edit - though not as much as 85! :)
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Schranz0r

PC:

Ian Price

Now this is good feedback - people actually playing and enjoying the game. Cheers chaps :)
I came. I saw. I played.

PeeJay

Who said anything about enjoying it? ;) - the bloody computer is going out the window soon! :D

Right, just a quick "bug" (hopefully you'll have time to correct it before the deadline) - the game doesn't actually have an end :( I've played through 100 levels of mental torture, only to be faced with level 101, and a blank screen :(

The upside is, at least you now know all the levels are solvable ;)

Ian Price

Isn't 100 enough?! ;)

I knew that anyway PeeJay - I completed them first! Then Manjuu, over at GP32X - he's a B'lox! demon I tellz the! But then again, you've also finished them all pretty quickly too. :)

And no, the game doesn't end - it's awaiting more puzzles. Would you care to create some? It can handle another 896, if you've got some free time :P
I came. I saw. I played.

PeeJay

I'm not much of a level designer, I'm afraid, and very much doubt I can top the difficulty level already presented (especially come of those absolute nightmares from 80+ !)

An obvious answer would be to check for the presence of the next dat file, and if it doesn't exist, give a "Congratulations you success!" screen or something :D

Just an idea for the future - perhaps you could come up with an algo to work out how to do the puzzle in the minimum amount of moves, and give a score according to that? That way, even after you have completed the levels, you would still have something to aim at (as the chances of taking the minimum number of moves on every level are pretty remote.)  Mind you, working out a "level solve" algo would be a bit of a nightmare, to say the least!!!

Ian Price

I did actually have a "No more puzzles available" message (which did exactly what you are suggesting) in my PlayBasic Easter version last year - I might put that back in.

As for a puzzle solving algo - you first! :D

BTW You don't have to be a great level designer - I'm certainly not. You can create a difficult puzzle very easily, actually - it's harder to create an easy one.
I came. I saw. I played.

S.O.P.M.

iprice, congratulations to that great piece of work! I have tested your game just now. And I am really astonished - can't remember to have seen a GLBasic-game in a quality class like this one. It gives me an impression of professionalism because it has sweet gfx, great music and almost perfect control. I really like the overall game design. Very very well done!

There is one thing I have noticed: While I am in a level, the exit button sometimes doesn't seem to act like one so I cannot go back to the main menu. That button then has the same function like the previous-level-button.
Notebook PC Samsung E372 Core i5 @ 2,6 GHz; 4 GB RAM; Win 7 Home Premium

Ian Price

There is a bit of an issue with regard to the menu buttons, due to a late addition - I'll fix it in an update. Until then,  you can use the ENTER key to return to the start screen, or TAB to return to the Puzzle Select.

Thanks for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated :)
I came. I saw. I played.