Corax's World Generator

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

I've been updating Corax's world/map building system to make more use of the latest features of GLBasic (and to allow my loading system to deal with the graphics).

Its coming along very nicely - the next thing I need to do is add the mini-map, and then I can tidy it up and release the code.

When (if) you run the executable, you'll get a white screen for a short while and then two messages stating that the program can't change to a given directory - ignore those and click on the OKAY button to continue.  You will then get the world - use the cursor keys to scroll around.

The world is randomly generated, so each run of the program produces something different.

The original Showroom entry is here : http://www.glbasic.com/showroom.php?site=games&game=gse&lang=en

As a side note, I hope to be posting the updated (and latest version) of my loading system later on in the week...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kuron

Very, very interesting.

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

Looks cool, I missed the original!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Here is the updated program, with the mini map and the ability to use any resolution now.

The only slight downside to the program is that, due to how the layering works, the program has to continually grab the contents of the screen, which could slow things down with higher resolutions - its very usable, but somewhat noticeable.

I haven't added the code for adding cities - it wouldn't be needed for what I hope to use this routine for...

MrTAToad

Here is the current source code

Hatonastick

That looks really cool.  Could do a remake of Empire with that. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

MrTAToad