Clearscreen -1 with TouchPad

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

I have a routine which uses clearscreen -1. It works fine on a PC, iOS devices, and importantly a Pre2.

However on a Touchpad I am having problems with it. It is showing part of the screen many times over. When a sprite is drawn it is like shown in many different places like looking through the eyes of a fly.

I can't be certain if I tried the routine (it is pretty new) and it worked correctly before GLB 10.179, but it definitely is having problems now. Note the rest of my game doesn't use clearscreen -1 and all works fine like every other device, it's only when it goes into the new routine (and uses clearscreen -1) that it has the problem with the screen.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

the "fly" effect - is that where you draw something over, that won't be drawn?
Make sure you cover the whole area when you have clearscreen -1. It's undefined what state the un-drawn areas are.

Crivens

I know but this definitely doesn't happen on any other device which is weird. I will look into it some more

Cheers

Crivens

I can't see why this is happening just on the TP. The clearscreen -1 is used for a paint type effect (faster than usescreen) which is working excellently on everything else. I've tried the same resolution on the PC and it works fine.

I've had a load of effects by using clearscreen -1 (like blurring or repeat graphics spiraling out of control) but have sorted them all out. The TP effect is unlike any other clearscreen -1 effect I've seen before and is pretty much just a repeat lots of times of a small part of the screen. Infact it reminds of when GLB first went on Android (possibly WebOS too but I don't remember) and the screens were messed up in a very similar way.

As I said all devices apart from the TP (including the Pre2) are working just fine with different resolutions. Annoyingly I really can't remember if this worked on the TP before I went on holiday. I definitely didn't see that bug before, but then maybe I didn't try my new routine on the TP at the time.

When I get the chance I'll see if I can knock something simple up for testing.

Cheers