Playmusic loop on Windows

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

I've got an mp3 that plays fine on both Windows and my Palm Pre 2, and I load it with the command
Code (glbasic) Select
IF ISMUSICPLAYING()=0 THEN PLAYMUSIC "Media/music.mp3",TRUEHowever while the Palm Pre 2 starts repeating the music after it finishes, Windows does not. I'm using GLB 10.042.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

Can you send me the mp3 file and the project? It works for me.

Crivens

I would if it wasn't 20mb in size and I'm in the middle of uploading to the palm store. It's only a minor note though cos I don't really want to distribute anything on the PC, and cos it works on the Palm Pre I don't really care.

Out of interest, with HP registration do you really have to send them the W-8BEN form to the US, and also the W-7 form to get a tax code for the W-8BEN? Seems like it's only for selling in US. Is there way to only sell outside the US so avoiding this stage, or at least to get selling until it's sorted? Oh, and anyone from the UK who registered what Tax code did you use? I haven't got a business in the UK (have one in Cyprus but ignore that for now) and work for another company that does all my tax for me. I just entered the PAYE ref you see on the P11D forms and on the HM revenue and customs forms they send now and again when your tax changes. Is this ok?

Cheers

MrTAToad

Yes, you have to do all that form filling and sending... :)

I have to apply for a US tax code from the IRS too - it takes a month or so if you use the postal service...

Android Marketplace is a lot easier than HP one though.

Ian Price

You don't have to apply for a US Tax code and you don't need to send a W7.

I was emailed this information directly from HP themselves from the person involved in the relevant office.

You do need to complete the w-8BEN form though. And you need to enter your tax code into the HP portal. After that it's all good. :)

And then you wait a week+ for your app to be reviewed :(
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Ah, so it is a week or so for paid apps then :)

Crivens

Ok, so only the w-8BEN then. Good stuff. As for the UK tax code, is that basically the PAYE reference you get from your work?

Cheers   

Ian Price

Yep. It's whatever's on your payslip. Make sure you fax it to HP - the number is in the FAQs.

[RANT MODE]
Every single app I've sent to HP has taken a week or more to review and either reject or publish. My current app is 8 days "Ready For Review" - and it's unlikely to be published now until Monday at the earliest. Some devs over at the official site have been saying that TP apps have been approved or rejected (then fixed and published) within a matter of hours. While I accept that HP want to push the TP, making other supporters wait as a result isn't fair. It should be first come, first served. No priority treatment should be given under any circumstances. I've had rejections that had to go right through again, so why shouldn't TP apps that get rejected. [/RANT MODE]

Anyway, good luck with your app. :) What is it BTW? I'm hoping it's that one rejected by Apple. Hubba-Hubba!!
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

I have found that my free ones were being accepted within a few days (although the very first one did take a lot longer).  I submitted my first paid app (my book) on the 7th and it's still waiting approval :)

Obviously paid ones take a lot longer  :P  Mind you, it does bend a few HP rules, which could be causing a few problems (the program immediately ends after calling the internal PDF viewer)...

Crivens

Cool. That's what I entered on the online registration then. Fax? Suppose I could use the one at work, but I thought would just post it. Not a great idea? Is there high street stores that do a faxing service? It's only that at work the last time I looked at my contract (admittedly years ago) it pretty much said anything I program, even if not using the same languages at work, and even in my own time, is their property. I'm sure they don't have a leg to stand on nowadays, but don't want to give them a sniff...

Yeah, the 3 submissions I have done for iOS (which reduced my lifespan by about as much as a 20 a day habit) all took *exactly* a week. From the email I got for saying it was submitted then it was this time plus about an hour (I assume for testing) the following week on the same day. Hmmm...

QuoteSome devs over at the official site have been saying that TP apps have been approved or rejected (then fixed and published) within a matter of hours
What's a TP app? I assume Touchpad, but just guessing. They want these apps to fly out the door right, to give their pad more apps quickly? Out of interest do our apps work on it? I didn't tick it just incase, but has it been tested and can we tick the box with confidence (like I did with the original Palm Pre even though I've only got the second one)?

Ta! Hoping it does a little better on the WebOS app store than iOS store. Going with the idea that they haven't many apps so will buy anything. I'll wait to do a free one to see how it goes, and perhaps when someone posts some iAd equivalent code (not that I'm going to retire, or even buy a beer pretty much from my free iOS effort).

It's the original Rotaslider with pets. I thought I would get this going first before putting the banned one in. To be honest though I only changed one or two things. Made the touch screen a little less sensitive than the original, and added some free music (iOS I just used the iPOD music you selected yourself) with the appropriate credit and links (plus link to WebOS applications for me), and that was about it really. Simple. Similar couple of hours to convert the bikini one (should have really made it nice and generic with one set of code, but I wasn't thinking that way originally and it's a bit of a mess really so easier to have a copy for each OS and version at the minute), and I'm laughing :) And yes, so much want to beta test the bikini one rather than pets :)

Now back to my football game. Coming on quite well with the 3D and all. Really nice to use laptop and compile straight to the Pre2. Coming on leaps and bounds now :) Out of interest I'm thinking of calling it "So many goals!". That's the development title anyways. It comes from a Talk Sport item where a Newcastle United fan phones in and practically breaks down. Well funny (Youtube it). I like it because it doesn't say Football or Soccer (spit) in the title so no confusion, and goals is pretty universal for football. Talk Sport never really made it a copyrightable catchphrase I don't believe but they do play the bloke saying it now and again to advertise the show. If I avoid mentioning Talk sport or including the sound bite (damn), do you think I could get away with it? Or I should ask them (love to have the soundbite)?

Cheers

Ian Price

Yes TP is TouchPad. And yes, apparently Pre games do work on the TP (only in a small Pre sized window). B'lox! definitely works on TP as it's been confirmed - so if that works, everything GLB should.

My current "Ready For Review" app, Ken2X went in on 7.7.11 too (same as MrTAToad).
I came. I saw. I played.

Slydog

Quote from: Crivens on 2011-Jul-15
anything I program, even if not using the same languages at work, and even in my own time, is their property.

You could always start your own legal company by registering with your government.
Then sign your own agreement with yourself! ha, not sure if that will hold up in court.

But it may if you incorporated, as you don't 'own' the company.
Or, it shouldn't be a problem unless you work for a game company or related business.

Crap, I can't even remember my contract, maybe I should read it!  :-[
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Hatonastick

Wow, really?  There's no way I'd ever sign a contract that said the company I was working for even owned what I did in my own time.  Not a chance...  Mind you I've only ever been employed as an IT general dogsbody (systems administration) and not as a programmer. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

Crivens

It was a tiny part of a huge contract we all had to sign. Most of us had worked there for years at the time (16 now for me) and money is good plus we really don't think they can enforce it. Plus with the amount of redundancies (100s) over the years then you sign anything these days. Especially with what the job market is like these days.

Cheers

Slydog

I heard companies have this clause to prevent employees from working on their personal projects while at work.
For a game company, a lot of employees tended to have their own side projects for home development, but while at work they either borrowed code or other assets, or worked on their game while at work.  Or they may come up with a great idea and not tell their boss, but implement it on their own game.  And various reasons like that.

So they add that clause, so if an employee is guilty of any of the above 'infractions', the company can claim ownership of the game project since it mostly contributed something to it anyways (employee resources, assets, etc).  Ha, lawyers.

That's why I can't see a steel manufacturing company (my work for example) could own your personal game code, as they have nothing to do with each other.  But technically this would still be included in the above clause!
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]