Independent Game Development Association - Floripa - Playtest IV + Happy Hour

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Yesterday there was this event here and I got a table myself to human-test the Tree House game and the LV-426 jam one.
It was quite nice and lots of fun. Of course no one knew about GLBasic so I had to lecture everyone about the best tool there is! :)

People seemed to have greatly enjoyed Tree House´s visuals above anything else game wise. Hopefully that will help turn it into some gold coins.
Young players had some problems getting into it but more related to liking this kind of game or not.
Experienced players got to the bat boss on the 3rd run...heck, I should have kept the game harder. :D just joking, I feel it is well balanced.

The LV426 with its explosions was what the youngsters spent more time with.

Here some pics:

Ian Price

Cool. It's always good to see people playing your game and giving feedback. You rarely get any feedback as a developer :(
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

yep, specially the more sourced type.
Some people there and the other developers really did build some complex criticism to defend their point/idea of change.
Very nice.

bigsofty

Yup, it's good to see GLBasic getting some exposure too!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)