I had a dream...

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Sep-01
Would we still need the Mac for uploading to iTunes and/or for certificates?

There is an unofficial VMware patch that works with OSX Lion which runs on Windows quite well I have heard. Still a pain to use this for a simple iTunes upload but it is an option. At least this option would allow for quick portable compile&run development... a BIG feature for me.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

Quote from: bigsofty on 2011-Sep-01
Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Sep-01
Would we still need the Mac for uploading to iTunes and/or for certificates?

There is an unofficial VMware patch that works with OSX Lion which runs on Windows quite well I have heard. Still a pain to use this for a simple iTunes upload but it is an option. At least this option would allow for quick portable compile&run development... a BIG feature for me.

Yes indeedy.
I came. I saw. I played.

Leginus

How would this work for adding external libraries into xcode?

trucidare

Wait before selling your macs :D
i´m able to sign, resign and so on but i´m not able to create certificate yet - is it a openssl 2048 rsa cert for uploading to itunes developer program? anyone?

MacIDE still alive! :D
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

ampos

To compile-install-run ala-webOS on iOS will be more than enough!

check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

Crivens

Heh, yeah, I thought it would be wise to wait...

OpenSSL? I've used that for encrypting credit card details (AES, TDes etc) and communications and MD5 hash creation for passwords. It's a pretty big bag o' tools. But make sure you get the right version. I used TDes on our encryption because some clients had Unix OpenSSL versions that didn't support AES (and was a pain to upgrade everyone).

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Crivens

QuoteTo compile-install-run ala-webOS on iOS will be more than enough!
Exactly. I would be happy with just that. Although still don't know how will handle additional XCode stuff like iAds and the like.

Cheers

Ian Price

To be able just to compile and test from my pc straight to iPod is a VERY welcome feature and more important tbh. Not saying I wouldn't welcome the other stuff, but it's no deal breaker.

=D
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Saying that my Pre2 does that now and works better and faster at getting up and going. Android seems a lot slower and iOS (at the minute) isn't too bad although is a bit of a pain with the whole compile in GLB and then compile on the Mac business. Maybe cutting out that middle bit would be closer to Pre2 speed.

Out of interest if I compile for Android the IDE knows to compile then put on my device. Very good. But with WebOS it just compiles and then sits there. I then have to run a macro for it to perform the script to put it on the device (still a lot faster than the whole Android run but still...). Is there an option to make the IDE run the script automatically like it does for Android? Just seems an obvious exclusion compared to Android compilation when obviously there is really no good reason to compile only and not copy to the device.

Cheers

trucidare

it will be there in future but no time today to extend kittys makeapp tool sorry :(

i think i could do it tomorrow - i found that the certificate is a RSA 2048 key  :happy: so i could do the whole iphone stuff straigh from win.

Crivens

Really? Cool. And the extra APIs (such as iAds) would just work?

Out of interest, with the whole "I had a dream" thing, would this be a far away pipe dream, or a pretty close to fully functioning, beta next week wet dream?

Cheers

Kitty Hello

I'm off going home now. Wife+kids on vacation (horseland XD) and I'm getting GLB stuff done tonight. Hopefully.

erico

Quote from: trucidare on 2011-Sep-01
so i could do the whole iphone stuff straigh from win.

great!

trucidare

i dreamed the dream...

Ian Price

How soon before we can all share the dream?

Very good work that man! =D
I came. I saw. I played.