I had a dream...

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Imagine you would be able to compile, code sign and install your App directly on your windows computer without a Mac, without sharing drives, without XCode.

How much would it be worth?

Take your time, think again and then prepare to donate this sum to Trucidare.  :nw:

MrTAToad

This time, we'll have something to tell the Apple magazines :)

erico

I´m prepared. :)

Crivens

Directly to a non-JB iDevice from a Windows PC? Pretty nice although a lot of the time I just use my Pre.

Out of interest how would it handle specific Apple APIs such as iAds and the like? And also you are saying you could release it to the Apple app store without any need of a Mac at all? That would be quite nice especially if you could make it less of a pain to remember than the constantly changing iOS submission process (although I would quietly be weeping at the outlay of the pretty much one job machine that is my Mac Mini).

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Qube

I prefer to be able to compile, code sign and install my App directly from my Mac via a GLB Mac IDE  :nana: - Now that, I would be willing to pay for, a proper Mac IDE which is at least a carbon copy of the Windows one, but for OS X :booze:

In fact, for a proper OS X version of GLB I'd be willing to ship out £200 no problems.

Falstaff

hmm.. this would be pretty amazing. I'm actually looking at picking up a mac mini sometime in the next couple weeks as I near completion on my first game. It would be incredible if I didn't have to, and could just do everything from my windows laptop!

I wonder how long it would take for this dream to become a reality?

Ian Price

=D

Make it so. And make it soon!
I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

:nw: :nw: :nw:

This it´s awesome, I think in little time Glbasic do it a great things!!!   :-* :-*  :good:

Millerszone

Quote from: Qube on 2011-Aug-30
I prefer to be able to compile, code sign and install my App directly from my Mac via a GLB Mac IDE  :nana: - Now that, I would be willing to pay for, a proper Mac IDE which is at least a carbon copy of the Windows one, but for OS X :booze:

In fact, for a proper OS X version of GLB I'd be willing to ship out £200 no problems.

+1
Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

LineOf7s

Silly me, I've not researched this properly before I open my big mouth (so bear that in mind as you flame me into submission)  :whip: , but:

Quote...without a Mac, without sharing drives, without XCode
Isn't this exactly what Apple expressly forbids you to do?

Hark0

Hmmmm

I think the lords of the apple this is not going to like ... IMO
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

Sokurah

An all-in-one Windows solution would be amazing.

I have a Mac but I rarely use it because I prefer using Windows, so being able to do everything on that would be great.

But that being said the only game I've done in GLB is Binary Land and that is also the only game I haven't done a Mac version of - because I couldn't figure how to...
...so like Ocean says: a better (and native Mac) IDE would also be a very good thing (but not as amazing as the original question:)).
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games. All freeware. :-)
Twitter: Sokurah

Kitty Hello

How to make a Mac version in GLB? Shift+F8, done.
A MAC IDE might be handy, but it requires a lot more than just he IDE. There's the compilers for one.

Apple is perfectly fine with this now. They changed their minds and allow Adobe AIR to do exactly this.

Crivens

Considering the percentage of people who use a Mac solely then I would have thought a complete Mac package is pretty low down the list (esp with Parallels and all that boot camp stuff). And even then a cheap perfectly fine laptop can set you back about £250 these days compared to a heck of a lot more for an OSX version.

If you could go straight to the iDevice from said laptop (like I do with my Pre) then that is probably much much more handy than an OSX GLB IMHO. Although personally my Pre does all that and then the mini is used to finally install onto my iDevices (and tweak appropriately with Apple specific APIs).

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Albert