Youtube whitout Advertising (I´m not sure 100%)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi whit this complement in firefox, you keep out the advertising... for me from 2 hour ago, it´s working fine, in every video I played I don´t have advertising...
http://www.adhopper.com/?c

PS_: I´m using Firefox... perhaps Crhome don´t works well..., and I´m not sure 100% about this, perhpas it´s the Murphy´s Law.  :P

erico

will examine.

fact is, that the load of advertisement on youtube is making it a total pain.

Ian Price

Read Part 2 of the license agreement.

No thanks.
I came. I saw. I played.

Ruidesco

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Feb-17

No thanks.
+1
Besides, what does this do that Adblock Plus doesn't? Because that too doesn't let ads show in YT.

erico

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Feb-17

opps will de-examine it ;/ thanks.

I take you guys mean the ads flying over the video, the one which is really pissing me of is the pre-video that you usually can skip in 5seconds. I guess it´s time to start using a different video service.

erico

It has less content, but I take it they are not flooding their services with ads? not yet at least.

I´m a bit weird on this subject, I stopped watching tv more then 10 years ago, even cable.
Put my money on internet connection so I can choose what I want to watch and when.
I´m ok with ads around the page, ok with single closable ad on the lower part of the video, but not ok on being forced to watch propaganda before what I want, even if it is skippable in 5sec. The only way I can take it is if the content is a show I´m fan and have already watched it for ages... like the escapist:zero punctuation...but thanks god they don´t do it BEFORE the content but after.

When on youtube, I´m usually searching things, this ads are really gross.
It is like googling information, and before you get the page with the results, you have to watch a 30sec ad video, even if the results are not what you want, then you change a key word, google again, watch another AD argh!

BdR

Excellent, works great! :good: Instead of the ad, you see a black screen with the spinning "loading" icon for about 5 seconds. So basically it hides the ad and presses the skip-button for you.

Btw the only way for Youtube (or any other video site) to avoid working with ads, is to implement a business model similar as the App Store. So I mean that the viewers could pay the video-producers through Youtube. For example you would then pay someone $1.00 to view that person's video or videos.

erico

Then while doing a search for something I´m not sure there exists I will probably spend 300$ paying each video owner 1$.

You tube sent me an agreement to charge for my videos with ads, I didn´t do it, but it seems 99% of the world did.
You get something like .001 cent for each time someone clicks on the ad, but seriously, does anyone do it?
It is more like ripping off old people who don´t quite understand internet or that you have to press that X nano button on the top corner,
or probably people that clicks the AD by mistake.

If I see a 5sec AD I skip the movie and look for other sources, but it does feel like this is only going to get worse.

BdR

Totally agree, and it's not just youtube ads btw, I wouldn't be surprised if all banner-clicks are by mistake (in youtube, websites, apps etc.). It's totally artificial site traffic, and it's only useful to generate pretty numbers to show to shareholders/investors.

It's the same thing as 10~12 year ago, when some dotcom hype company would pay people just to click on banners, so people would "get paid to surf the web". ;/

bigsofty

Avoid this like the plague, it's a trojan that collects all your information and sells it on. Take a close look at this quote from the EULA, it's scary stuff...

2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.
You agree that the Company may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services, the Company may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE COMPANY TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. This and all other data provided to the Company and/or collected by the Company in connection with your installation and use of the Application is collected, used, stored and transmitted in accordance with the Company's Privacy Policy located at http://www.adhopper.com/privacy-policy. To the extent that anything in this section conflicts with the terms of the Company's Privacy Policy, the terms of the Privacy Policy shall control.

To allow third party service providers to assist us in providing and managing the Services. The Company may make your non-public personal information available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide the Services. Such examples include: advertising and marketing, developing or supporting products and features, processing payments, administering message boards, processing data or statistics, or assisting with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests, promotions and sweepstakes. These outside service providers are required to protect non-public personal information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing to the Company.
To contact you. The Company may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to Services to the email address you may have provided to us. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials from the Company, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each promotional email. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of as long as you are registered with or subscribed to the Services, such as notifications of changes to the Services or policies.
To deliver relevant advertising. We may use the information you provide to us, and information we collect about your use of the Services through cookies and other technologies, to assist us in delivering you relevant ads when you use the Services. We may work with third party advertising networks and advertisers who help deliver these ads to you. We may share anonymized or aggregated information with third parties to improve the relevancy of the ads you see using the Services. As noted above, these third party advertising networks and advertisers may also use cookies and similar technologies to collect and track non-personally identifiable information such as demographic information, aggregated information, and Internet activity to assist them in delivering advertising that is more relevant to your interests. To find out more about third party online advertising and to opt out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Moebius

WOW  :rtfm:
I did read that scary license agreement before.  The thing that just scared me was clicking the "networkadvertising.org" opt out link.....   so many tracking cookies I never authorised......  :noggin:
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

Ian Price

I did warn you -

No thanks.
I came. I saw. I played.

Moebius

Thing is, I didn't accept anything or even install the software.....  :D
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

Moru

Ads on youtube? Never saw any so far.

Quote from: erico on 2012-Feb-17
I´m a bit weird on this subject, I stopped watching tv more then 10 years ago, even cable.

As for TV, you are not weird Erico. I don't have a TV either, the stuff they show is just crap anyway. The same old pre-chewed food every day. I see what it does to our kid when we are at our grandparents. If the TV is on, she just goes blank and startes at it like a zombie or something. No thanks, not doing that to myself or my kids. News are watched on the web, movies (if we manage to find something worth watching) will be rented and watched on the computers. This is getting more common now, earlier people just looked strangely at me when they learned I don't have a TV. Now 15 years later some people says "Me neither" :-)

Never owned a TV-set except for the small 14" I had to use with my first computer before I could afford a real monitor :-)

Btw, sandmaennchen.de exists for the classical stuff before bed :-) Todays kids programs in Sweden are pure crap...

fuzzy70

Am so glad there are others that do not watch TV, was begging to think I was an oddball (although my mates still think I am  :D )

I do own a TV though but it is used purely for console games & watching films. Thanks to the digital switch over & my TV not having a digital tuner I am no longer getting harassed by the TV licensing people, paying £145 per year for what adds up to around 20hrs total viewing (TopGear I enjoy) is not an option to me.

Things like the World Cup, Olympics etc I watch round a friends house as he has a common interest in those  =D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)