An idea for the forum

Previous topic - Next topic

SnooPI

Why not use the empty border of the forum to make a scrolling advertising panel for finished games?

The advertisement would change every 3 or 5 seconds and when we click on it we would go to the game's sales page.
As I am not sure to be clear, I quickly made a photo explaining my idea  ;)

spacefractal

this require modification of the standard theme or find a plugin that support its and require them to been in wise size (here property use one of the steam promotion size of course). We did ealier have a nice App Store threads for various games and apps. its long time ago im have seen people use those really.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

SnooPI

I thought that with a mod or a plugin it would be easy but I searched and indeed, it's not as simple with SMF as with other forums  :(
Thks SF

Schranz0r

It is not that hard. But not worth it to write a plugin for that.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

SnooPI

Yes, I think so too (but it was easier with a plug-in).
In any case, I think it would be really cool.

erico

That would be neat. I recall we talked about something like that for the main GLB page long ago.

MrPlow

No plugin needed :)

You could use javascript only and manipulate the final created DOM - then inject the game screen and link as a random or sequential list.

forum loads...

Bottom of the forum page template - add javasccript to search for place to inject the slider.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Schranz0r

Must be a plugin.
You break compatibility that way.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard