[SOLVED] Crashing on Android 6

Previous topic - Next topic

msx

A user complains that the application crash in Galaxy S7 on Android 6. Has anyone tried GLB is this version of Android ?.

spacefractal

I'm do still not got android 6. But it's so might crash on some devices when DOCUMENTS is used, if you try to write to it folder. Something I'm can't do very much right now.

Another reason could been the low user memory issue.

Personally I'm haven't checked out Andeoid 6.

But use APPDATA to save your stuff.

I'm guess I'm will change it in next version of ae when Android 6 is detected. I'm do not have idea it's that issue, due I'm so not have a logcat.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Qedo

my application (animationfont) works perfectly on Android 6.0 (LG G3)

Slydog

I have an S7 (Edge), Android 6.0.1.

I no longer program in GLBasic, but give me an APK file and I can test it if you want.
At least you'll know if it's his phone only, or maybe all S7 Android 6s.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

spacefractal

And I'd it's does then I'm want the logcat.

It's was a issue with OUYA, which mins me in the DOCUMENTS issue. I'm have no idea it's this crash.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

One of my apps has 12k of Android 6.0 users to date and no reports of bad crashes :)
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Kitty Hello

Im on 6 and it works...

msx

I leave the APK in the Bonus section if anyone can prove it.

msx

Quote from: Slydog on 2016-Aug-26
I have an S7 (Edge), Android 6.0.1.

I no longer program in GLBasic, but give me an APK file and I can test it if you want.
At least you'll know if it's his phone only, or maybe all S7 Android 6s.

You have a PM.

Thank you.

msx

Quote from: spacefractal on 2016-Aug-26
I'm do still not got android 6. But it's so might crash on some devices when DOCUMENTS is used, if you try to write to it folder. Something I'm can't do very much right now.

Another reason could been the low user memory issue.

Personally I'm haven't checked out Andeoid 6.

But use APPDATA to save your stuff.

I'm guess I'm will change it in next version of ae when Android 6 is detected. I'm do not have idea it's that issue, due I'm so not have a logcat.

I am informed that only a black screen appears and disappears while the application remains running in the background, but if you try to enter again, crash again.

I'm not using DOCUMENTS.

There any way to make a log?

spacefractal

im need the logcat from the sdk, before im can investate what happens. Its can been anything.

Im do also heard, if you use ads, its >might< crash on some devices (which im have seen on Sony Z3 example). Hence im removed all ads for my games and use inapp purchase instead.

Another issues for crash can been in too low memory (the internal memory is full, which can cause a crash). Something nothing im can do.

Its can also been a bug as well, not resume correctly using the SUB functions?

Also you should use ALLOWESCAPE FALSE and AUTOPAUSE FALSE, which should been default for Android, where ALLOWESCAPE TRUE does not give any means at all..... Gernot wont allow me to change that to default, even its quite important (while ALLOWESCAPE TRUE works perfectly on dekstop, its not the case on mobile).

But in the end, im do need the logcat from the user. Otherwise im can do nothing.

PS. Are your androidmanifest set to use 22 as target sdk and 11 as minimum sdk. glbasic does no longer supports android 2.x

msx

im need the logcat from the sdk, before im can investate what happens. Its can been anything.

I need you to tell me how I get the logcat from the APK because I can not try it on Android 6.

Im do also heard, if you use ads, its >might< crash on some devices (which im have seen on Sony Z3 example). Hence im removed all ads for my games and use inapp purchase instead.

Finally I dismissed use ADS.

Another issues for crash can been in too low memory (the internal memory is full, which can cause a crash). Something nothing im can do.

The same two devices with Android 6

Its can also been a bug as well, not resume correctly using the SUB functions?

I use functions SUB, it could be that.

Also you should use ALLOWESCAPE FALSE and AUTOPAUSE FALSE, which should been default for Android, where ALLOWESCAPE TRUE does not give any means at all..... Gernot wont allow me to change that to default, even its quite important (while ALLOWESCAPE TRUE works perfectly on dekstop, its not the case on mobile).

I will try to add this code.

But in the end, im do need the logcat from the user. Otherwise im can do nothing.

PS. Are your androidmanifest set to use 22 as target sdk and 11 as minimum sdk. glbasic does no longer supports android 2.x

The AndroidManifest has the values 9 and 19 for minimum skd and target, perhaps it could be that too, although Android 4 works well.

spacefractal

Also Android can been hell to work on anything..... Logcat is from adb connected. It's it's Java issue, it's will tell where it's crashed.

But it's only what I'm experimented.

Also ads don't work with Android TV at all, If you support that.

Sadly I'm can't get the same device, so currently nothing I'm can due right now.

msx

I have installed Android 6.0 on Virtualbox and have sent me an error report. It could be just a bug in virtualization, anyway I put here the error report ...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

en java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: "/data/app/com.crislosangames.aradar-1/lib/arm/libSDL2.so" has unexpected e_machine: 40
   at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:372)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1076)
   at org.libsdl.app.SDLActivity.<clinit>(SDLActivity.java:244)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Native Method)
   at android.app.Instrumentation.newActivity(Instrumentation.java:1067)
   at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2317)
   at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2476)
   at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java)
   at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1344)
   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
   at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
   at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5415)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:744)
   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:634)

spacefractal

Virtual is not supported very well or not at all. OpenGL is required and is not supported there.