Wizard Dungeon X

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

A silly game I made to further my understanding of GLBasic. Makes use of the touch screen or controls. (Made with GP2X-Wiz in mind, playable on PC via mouse/arrow keys.)
The objective is to collect fruit as it appears before it expires, avoid the dragon and his fire, and rack up as many points as possible.
To be implemented:
- score saving
- multiplayer (on pc, gp2x will require the wifi dongle when it arrives)
- more content. (Needs more stuff going on, such as alternate enemies that appear at random.)
- levels + difficulty setting!

Note: This program makes use of the experimental inline-C overclock routines. I've tested it and it does work and overclock the gp2x effectively.
Volume buttons do in fact change the volume, and pressing both will quit the game. Tapping Menu will pause the game.
Touch anywhere with the stylus to move the wizard. Let me know what you think!
(Please also understand this is just a beta test of a *concept.* )

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

Very nice start.
I'd like to have some sort of defence against the dragon, or some goal to reach to get to a next level. (Hit the head 3x e.g.)

Darmakwolf

Thank you for trying it :)
Yes indeed - the game needs more substance. I plan to add levels and difficulty, and it would be fun to have some kind of defense against the dragon. I think what I'll do is make Fruit charge up some kind of "magic" bar, and you can cast spells at the dragon which drain your magic bar depending on the spell used. What do you think? :)

Kitty Hello

is it done yet? ;)

Darmakwolf

I'm workin' on it! xD

Wampus

Good start buy yeh - needs more variety!  :)