Was I dreaming or did I read somewhere about a Linux IDE with v12?

Previous topic - Next topic

HamishTPB

I imagine the topic says it all - I could have sworn I read something about a native Linux IDE for GLB but now I can't find anything. :S Am I going mad(der) or was this real?  :noggin:
Hamish The PolarBear
GP2X F-100 :: *Broken* Caanoo :: GNU/Linux :: Android 7" Tablet :: Android 10" Tablet :: Android Phone

HamishTPB

From the deafening silence I have misread something then. :blink:
Hamish The PolarBear
GP2X F-100 :: *Broken* Caanoo :: GNU/Linux :: Android 7" Tablet :: Android 10" Tablet :: Android Phone

erico

No you didn´t, I had that same day dream/vision.
It seems there was an ide going and the debug part was not working IIRC. It also had a set of dependencies but am not sure either. I didn´t try it.
It looked great visually.

I guess we have to wait the OP to come back.

mentalthink

I think Rober7 make runs GLbasic under Linux, I rebenber some Script done... but the problem I think only compiles for Linux , not for another platforms...

I read with the Mac OS Ide, can be easy to make a port to Linux, but really, for now we don't have nothing...

HamishTPB

Running the IDE under wine would be fine if the multi-platform compile would work. Did any Linux user ever get past the "Removed deprecated platform" message and get it to compile?

EDIT: I did see someone mention using code weavers crossover but I don't have that and I believe it costs €£$
Hamish The PolarBear

kanonet

I tested GLBasic with wine 1-2 years ago and it was working just fine (I compiled for Linux and Windows). But I did not test it since that.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

HamishTPB

As far as I can tell the only problem with it is compiling for platforms other than win because of the error I mentioned. I am more than happy with the IDE itself but if I can't compile from it without having to have a win machine or virtual machine then it is a pita.  :puke:
Hamish The PolarBear

MrTAToad

The Linux IDE, like the MacOS version never really got too far unfortunately.