LG WebOS TV?

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtunacan

I know GLBasic has supported export to WebOS for the old Palm Pre line of phones that aren't really around anymore.  Was wondering if it has been tested or any updates made to get this working with the LG WebOS smart TVs?

I have a friend who has started putting some of his games on Roku which is another niche market with not many games available.  He says he makes much more money there than on Android/iOS because so few apps is easy to get featured and people will actually still pay for apps rather than ads only.

The LG WebOS smart TVs is a similar market space that would be easy for GLBasic to support.

dreamerman

Any new additional target platform would be great, specially such emerging and supported by larger company that know what is doing so it shouldn't end like with HP. Of course that OS probably changed a lot from times that GLB could compile for it, so it would require some work to get it on track again. And as you wrote such niche markets can be great place to publish/sell games as there is just a small variety of games on them. There is also another thing, that would be good advertising for GLBasic if it could make apps for new WebOS, as one of only few tools.
There are also some others possible platforms, but it's different story.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020