OpenPandora

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

No para blabla Espania.
Tu tienes ojos bonitos. Tengo foiar.

I can't even order a Pizza. Do you have Pizza in Spain?

Minion

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Oct-06
Someone told me you have a few months where there's no rain and sun and beach and such.

This is true. May thru July .... 1987

MrTAToad

We have many months with no rain!

Summer was long this year...

Ian Price

QuoteI think about visiting the uk for vacation next summer. Someone told me you have a few months where there's no rain and sun and beach and such. Dare you to have rain when I come!
Someone lied! We have rain at any and every available opportunity. You cannot guarantee ANY time where it won't rain or be overcast :(

We certainly don't get months of fine weather. However, when we do get the sun, it can be absolutely gorgeous. That's the only day you'll want to visit the coast - and that's the same day that everyone else wants to too! :P
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

QuoteWe certainly don't get months of fine weather
Well, if you do chose to live in the Highlands, then you certainly cant expect long periods of lovely hot sun :)

Ian Price

I actually live in East Anglia, one of the better places for weather (we're protected from worst of the weather by the Chiltern hills).

Sure we've had  long spells with no rain, but we also had long periods of very high humidity and low cloudcover - making grey and hot/sticky days. We don't seem to have weeks of just blue skies and lovely hot sunshine any more - that's what I mean by "Good weather" Not raining doesn't necessarily mean good weather! :P

TBH though, Britain hasn't had as much rain in recent years, but it doesn't get the sunshine like I remember either. The best time to visit Britain is late March - very early April; we've had some lovely weather then for the last 10 years. Late May through to July is also generally pretty good. August and September haven't been great for long periods of sunshine in recent years.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

You need to come further south  :nana:

Ian Price

Yeah - Cornwall and Devon are supposed to be better. Went down to Somerset in March/April last year and it was lovely.

Where are you then?
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Chichester, West Sussex - near the coast

Cliff3D

We had a great summer in England what, only 4 or 5 years ago? :)

Hatonastick

Well you can all have our summers (Adelaide, South Australia), we don't want 'em. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

djtoon

to tel aviv if your looking for sun and beach :)

Cliff3D

Quote from: Hatonastick on 2010-Oct-07
Well you can all have our summers (Adelaide, South Australia), we don't want 'em. :)

We'd probably love your average summer temperature, but peaks of around 40 degrees and lack of rain would be beyond what Brits can handle easily. We'd wilt! ;)

Ian Price

QuoteWe'd probably love your average summer temperature, but peaks of around 40 degrees and lack of rain would be beyond what Brits can handle easily. We'd wilt! ;)

I wear T-shirts all year long (even in minus temps.), as I'm always warm and don't feel the cold - high temps like that kill me.
I came. I saw. I played.

Leginus

yes 2 weeks of sun and no rain and we have a hosepipe ban :)