Smart Phone and LOADBMP problem

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyH

Hi Gernot

Stu has been testing my game on his HTC Touch smart phone - running Windows 6.  The LOADBMP command doesn't appear to be working, but all other commands (LOADSPRITE etc) are working fine.  I'm storing the pictures (as PNG's) in a shoebox (named ovine.ram) and use:

LOADBMP "ovine/splash.png"

To load it in but on the HTC it is not displayed.  It is working fine on my Pocket PC's and on Windows.

Any ideas?

Kitty Hello

No idea. Bad.
See the errorlog.txt in the temp folder?

bricky91

i have the same problem but on windows... i write LOADBMP "sfondo.png", but it doesn't work... it shows only a black screen...

Kosta

Quote from: bricky91i have the same problem but on windows... i write LOADBMP "sfondo.png", but it doesn't work... it shows only a black screen...
is the Path correct ?

type ...
Code (glbasic) Select
PRINT GETCURRENTDIR$(), 0, 0to get the current path
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

BumbleBee

@bricky91

Works fine on Windows.

You also can do this:
Open the folder where your pictures are, then rightclick in the picture -> copy and then go back to the GLBasic IDE, rightclick and paste.
Result: Right path and name of the picture. (Don't forget the Spritenumber)  But it's for LOADSPRITE not LOADBMP.:D

Cheers
The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit

bricky91

the path is correct (the png image is in the same folder of the game...), so i don't know why it doesn't work... to show the image as a background i only have to write LOADBMP "filename", haven't i?

Kosta

Quote from: bricky91the path is correct (the png image is in the same folder of the game...), so i don't know why it doesn't work... to show the image as a background i only have to write LOADBMP "filename", haven't i?
Did you have an Showscreen (at the end of your main-loop or before an keywait)?
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

AndyH

LOL thread hi-jack.  The original problem has been resolved with a reset of the smart phone :)

bricky91

Quote from: Kosta
Quote from: bricky91the path is correct (the png image is in the same folder of the game...), so i don't know why it doesn't work... to show the image as a background i only have to write LOADBMP "filename", haven't i?
Did you have an Showscreen (at the end of your main-loop or before an keywait)?
of course... i can see all the sprites... i don't know why it doesn't work...

Kitty Hello

Can you zip-up the whole project (or a small one that shows the error?)

bricky91

yeah, here's the link
game.zip - 0.35MB

thanks for the help! :)

Kitty Hello

Ok. The file sfondo.png is a jpg file. Even if you rename it to .png. Open it with MSPaint, then re-save it as a png and it works fine.

2nd: You use the LOADBMP in _every_ frame. Wrong. Place the LOADBMP in the Init: SUB, and do this only once at the beginning of the program.

Cheers!

bricky91

thanks a lot, now i can see it :)

bye!