News:

*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

Article

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hey guys - I wrote another article yesterday about "my first steam project" on Medium and it's been put on front page of Design and Gaming categories...
:)

https://medium.com/topic/gaming
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Moru

Nice, seems you are on a roll :-)

I'm one of those that can't understand why touch games are so popular, you can directly see what has been converted from mobile to PC.

MrPlow

They can have a place with puzzle games and those match games - but not ones that require a lot of interaction from the user.
Comp:

Schranz0r

Nice article mate!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

Nice article, very well done!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

dreamerman

Good article. That time when users testing your game are surprised that they can't use keyboard to play it :D or that You took different design way opposite to other similar games.. One thing that You didn't approach is localization / game translation issues, but maybe You will deal with that during development of Your next project :P
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

SnooPI

Very interesting and informative.  :good:

MrPlow

But everyone knows english ... i.e. *I'm too lazy*  =D

Quote from: dreamerman on 2019-Apr-03
Good article. That time when users testing your game are surprised that they can't use keyboard to play it :D or that You took different design way opposite to other similar games.. One thing that You didn't approach is localization / game translation issues, but maybe You will deal with that during development of Your next project :P
Comp:

dreamerman

Even if someone speaks English it's nice to see that game support your own language and that way localization for foreign markets (specially Asia->China/Japan/Korea and at least western Europe languages) can have some significant impact on sales. But yeah, sometimes localization can be painful   :sick:
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020