Is it possible to build for Windows 64 Bit?

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff3D

I've tried selecting "Win64" as platform Configuration but "build for this program" is greyed out. If i build the .exe I get is 32 bit.

Am I missing a step (I'm running on Win11 Home 64 bit) or should I post this as a bug?

Cliff3D

Quote from: Cliff3D on 2023-Aug-25I've tried selecting "Win64" as platform Configuration but "build for this program" is greyed out. If i build the .exe I get is 32 bit.

Am I missing a step (I'm running on Win11 Home 64 bit) or should I post this as a bug?

Ah! I think I've found it...

One has to use "Multiplatform compilation" from the toolbar and select 64 Bit there. The new 64 Bit build will then be compiled inside a folder called "AppName\distribute\Win32\AppName". it ignores the window resolution set in Project...options.

Qedo

is the folder "D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\GLBasic_SDK\Compiler\platform\Win64" (on my computer with Win10)
present?

MrPlow

Hi

From what I recall - the 64bit compile exe just overwrites the x86 one... in the same folder...
and u can check by a simple inspection of the exe I think?

Cant remember how though...
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

ywa the 64bit just overwrite 32bit, which is bit odd, but here nothing im might could do? but property its can been changed in the profile that compile to win64, so they dont overwrite. In the best world its should compile both 32 and 64 bit. Im havent checked about this one.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/