HP To Shut Down WebOS Operations

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

Fair enough. I also sent an email to the HP discount program link you get from the HP developer site asking if they would sell me one directly for the firesale price. Never know.

Also just read on the gadget blogs that HP were really near releasing (debugging stage) a 7" version. The Touchpad Go. Maybe they have a load of that stock just sitting there? Would be nice if they trickled through on the development site.

Cheers

Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Ian Price

Looks like MillersZone got lucky -
QuoteA lot of you have been asking me about what's happening with the Developer Discount and Loaner programs. Here are some updates on this. It probably won't answer all questions, but here's what we've gotten taken care of so far.

If you have bought a device through the discount program and want to return it for a refund, contact the vendor you bought it through. They will process the refund for you. If you want to keep the device, call them, and they will process a partial refund to bring the price you paid to the fire sale price. This is true both in US and Europe.

If you have a loaner, you can keep it to the end of the original agreement. If you choose to keep it at the end of the loaner program, you'll be charged the fire sale price, not the original price.

If you have a coupon for the discount, it will be honored for a short period of time at the fire sale price. We are not discounting below that price (sorry), and these coupons can only be honored while supplies last.

The Developer Discount and Loaner programs are on hold now, so no new coupons will be sent out for the time being and we won't be issuing new loaners until we get this completely sorted out. We do expect the loaner program to be reinstated; we don't know about the discount program at this time.

I'll be trying to follow up to people who've sent email to confirm this as I can, but for some odd reason, I have a lot of email to plow through... Apologies in advance for the delays.

Loaner for discount price. Jammy bugger.
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

Cool, best of luck to him.

If you buy it at full price from a retailer, will HP refund the difference?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Crivens

Ah bums. That means they will ignore my discount email. Sigh. Considering the UK HP site doesn't even allow you to buy directly from them then it looks like will have to be (very) lucky with the online stores.

Cross fingers that they keep a lot of stock back to sell directly to developers. Don't hold your breath though...

Cheers

Crivens

QuoteIf you buy it at full price from a retailer, will HP refund the difference?
From what I read it depends on the retailer. As I said earlier if you have the balls for it then go for it.

Interestingly Amazon has been going up and down for days. It's still way above £250, but has gone up and down with upto £100 difference.

Cheers

Ian Price

I might have just purchased two TPs. I've not had confirmation yet though.

I (hopefully) got a 32GB and a 16GB from Staples. I'll keep peeps posted.

Fingers and toes crossed.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Heheh, Staples now says server is too busy...

Also Amazon shows as £250 now (was about £100 more a few minutes ago)

Cheers

Ian Price

It took forever to get through the whole process. I had a couple of fails as well. The prices are actually higher at Staples too (£242.54 for 16+32, which is about £35 over the odds, but still cheaper than eBay). But if I get one or both I'll be a very happy bunny.

There are still a couple of possibles - PLAY and ARGOS still have the TPs at full price. They're bound to drop them soon.

There are also some other sellers with the full price, but they are not stores I'm familiar with.
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

Crivens (and anyone else) if you try Staples, use the discount code "301479" to get £15 off (apparently). I only just found out about this, so didn't use it for my buy. Never mind.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Nice. Ta! :) You still can't use the site at all!

Man I was so close yesterday with CC in hand. Stupid Currys SQL errors...

Cheers

Crivens

An age later on Staples I got right to the end (the promotion does work BTW) and then I get a "For technical reasons this page does not work" page. Noooo!!!!!! :noggin: Not the best when doing proper work in foreground...

Cheers

Ian Price

Staples may be limiting TPs to one per customer, according to someone on PreCentral, to ensure that more people get one and reduce the risk of reselling.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

You can't even access their site now...

Cheers

Crivens

Arse. Looks like John Lewis flipped their prices and now are out of stock... Sigh. I think it's about time I gave up :giveup: and put my money away for when the iPad3 (Retina) comes out...

Cheers

bigsofty

Me too, still trying though... what a carry on!  :S
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)