I'm back. And this time I'm not dead.

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

What's happening dudes?

Bet you thought I was dead? Not so! I just moved back to Cyprus! It's taken months to sort out, get my stuff, and basically settle down. Annoyingly built up work and you know jumping in pools in the sun and stuff got in the way of any game development whatsoever (still is really for a bit).

Nevermind, the old itch is coming back (I'm not talking about that weird rash) so I'm gearing up again. Especially now I've finished sorting out my office (no commute for me anymore!) and have got an embaressment of monitors and laptops to work with. Ah, you know you are a geek when moving to a country with miles better weather is only slightly more exciting than loading your desk up with basically six screens or so :)

Anyway I thought I'd better do a "I'm not dead" thread. I always find them a bit annoying after 12 years or so on the DB forums, but a couple of people emailed me (probably thinking I was dead - one of which had been around for months without me knowing) asking how I was so I thought it was best to put something here.

So I'm not dead. I haven't run off somewhere else (technically, apart from amusing banter posts, I ran off here from the DB forums really). And I'm not now called Lucy the bearded woman and run a bar for broad minded people who like pies. Nope. Although if I wear a dress I can see how you would be mistaken.

Cheers

PS. Ang on that subject made no real sense... :)
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

fuzzy70

Welcome back Crivens, although you can keep the sun as I'm enjoying the rain to much :-P

Lee

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

erico

It was about time! :whip:

There has been a lot going on, GLB 11 almost shaping up, IRC activities on the probability of quantum mechanics particles of 3d normals, newer mates on the forum, rasperry pi activities, open gl stuff, bunch of great GUI, and a lot more.

About the sun, it is grey and cold(19C) around here and lots of rain, so don´t even mention.

Hope (of course ) you did have a great time there. welcome back. :good:

Crivens

Yeah I know. Sorry about that. I was almost going to post something when you mailed me, but had a load of stressful things going on.

I was going to say. I have totally been out of the loop for quite a while really. I've read a couple of threads in the last week or so but not that much. GLB11 eh? Sounds good.

Is also grey here (storm from last night). Only about 28c today. Brrrr...

Did have a good time and will have in the future too. I moved permanently not on holiday or anything. Now just got to get used to the weather again (lived here for 2 years back in 2006).

Cheers

mentalthink

Crivens

Ta. Heh, was a difficult time. In March they took all our stuff to be shipped and I had a month with nothing but a Netbook we used as a TV in our bedroom (bed was only furniture). Suffice to say I wasn't that up for coding. A month of that was pretty hard and then after moving out to Cyprus it took almost 2 months to get our stuff shipped to us (was very late for some unexplained reason) including the car. Painful...

Still alcohol and sun seems to take away the pain. I've noticed lots of cool code posted recently. Some of it, like the isometric stuff, is draw droppingly good. Nice. If things like that don't get the creative juices flowing again then I don't know what will! :)

Cheers

erico

yep, the isometric stuff is outstanding... the released editor almost ruined a bit of my day work here :)

Crivens

Indeed. Heh, yeah I played around with the editor quite a bit in work time. :) Hopefully someone will make a cool game out of it.

Cheers

Hemlos

I got a sunburn so bad 2 weeks ago, im am peeling like a lizard now.
Stupid margarittas!

Im in pain, and moving this thread to the tras..err, off topic section ;P
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

spacefractal

nothing wrong about this thread and welcome back.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Hatonastick

Glad to hear it, although I must admit that bar idea sounds like fun.  Welcome back.  :good:

Oddly enough I was going to post a thread of my own along these lines, but there's probably not a lot of point in my case -- theres only so many times you can wander off then back again before people get sick of reading them.  =D
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

erico

´bar´ idea? is someone remaking tapper?? :P

Hatonastick

Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).