GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

Most of color anim seen to been roll over, which is not possible on touch, but its different look very very cool and nice.

Was gack not got rejected due using copyrighted or to much inspiration of Atari/Nintendo games? They are very offensive to close down those assest, so better to use completly original assest files. Even they are old, they still copyrighted.

I have not have any issue with my game, which they was some times too fast to approval, hehe (in one instance, they should have rejected it). It's a different story.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

That is killer Gernot! :good: :-*
Have no words...

MrTAToad

It was rejected mainly because Apple dont like game creation software...

81RED

Complete noob here, have tried searching for my problem but came up empty:
Using the V10 release version, I successfully compiled the "Islands" sample app for Android. While it did not resemble the win32 version, it worked.
Using the V11 beta I get a "Unfortunately, Islands has stopped". Same goes for most other apps in the sample folder.
Am I doing something obviously braindead? JAVA_HOME is set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_38 which seems to work for V10 at least..

MrTAToad

That is odd as it works okay with the beta on Android 4.0.4 here...

81RED

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2013-Feb-03
That is odd as it works okay with the beta on Android 4.0.4 here...
Thanks for that info. Am running 4.1.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I just find it odd that the older version works while the new crashes unceremoniously - especially since Android compatibility was mentioned as something that was improved.

MrTAToad

Its possible they have changed OpenGL quite a bit in 4.1

I did use the latest beta too.

mentalthink

I think the last os use OpengLES 3.0, I'm not sure, but from OpenGL1.0 to XX not make the things equal internally... perhaps this it's the cause of crashing...

Marmor

I use 10.2.8 and it works like a charm for nexus 7 android 4.2.1

Ian Price

Is GRABSPRITE working on the Pandora in v11?

[EDIT] No, it's not. :(
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

Android orientation issue seen fixed, finally could just test this one. IM still need testing on HP Touchpad, but its worked pretty nice on HTC Desire HD. The screen got changed and even set resoulution correctly and no x/y swap issue (other you might notice its breifly, but that it).

Nice work. I meant I have said I would want to pay this feature fixed last year, and I still want do that :-D, hehe.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Gernot has uploaded another beta.  He has said HTML 5 might work, but whilst it does get further, it still has trouble finding an executable (llvm-dis)

spacefractal

glbasic 11.261-beta seen have one very major issue:

its much much slowere to compile than 11.179beta did, and its so slow its impossible to use that version completly for windows develophing. Sorry to say that, but waiting over 2 minuttes each time is simply too much.

Its seen IncrediBuild did never skip any compiled code at all! This could cause why its take soo long time to compile Greedy Mouse with around over 12000 commands.

Also its would been very much to skip media checking by adding a "skip.xcl" in the main folder name, because its not necessary to check that every time, which add a lots of time to compiling. Normally I want to control that by my self doing that. Example WebOS does not needed retina graphics which is in the main folder.

By now I stick to 11.179 in normal dev, and only use 11.261 for Android and iOS uses (wich works excellent for those devices, its just issues with compiling time). So I just have those two build for now, its no problemo doing that.

MrTAToad

The download version is 11.322...

bigsofty

What's been changed?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)