Android - V10 release candidate

Previous topic - Next topic

KermEd

Quote from: okee on 2011-Jul-16
Code (glbasic) Select
BUILD FAILED
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:384: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 1 second
Android=C:\adveng\distribute\Android
success

I had the same problem.  Try:

1)  pushing your project to: C:\temp\temp instead of C:\adveng\distribute\Android.
2)  make sure you didnt install GLBASIC beta with spaces or brackets in the filename. 
3)  make sure everything is installed on 32bit system - I put mine on a bootcamp Win32 XP SP3 OS.

Now mine compiles and runs.  But it does not install on my 2.3 and earlier Android devices (basically any devices that are unable to run Flash).  2.3 with flash and higher might work.  It just says its an invalid package on those other Android OS's.  Higher versions seem ok though.  I won't know until my testing group gets back to me on the build.

My compiled app is here:

http://filearchivehaven.com/downloads/android/StarsTest.apk

Its a rewrapped version of the Starfield demonstration that comes with GLBASIC.  Basically, it adds colours to the program and allows you to change the direction of the stars by your mouse clicks.

I'm planning on creating the same FPS calculator in GLBASIC, Java (Eclipse), Simple Android Basic, and that easy Android Application maker for comparison with different graphic modes.

Still on my to-do list.

Lloyd

okee

hi

Quote1)  pushing your project to: C:\temp\temp instead of C:\adveng\distribute\Android.

How can i do this ?

Quote2)  make sure you didnt install GLBASIC beta with spaces or brackets in the filename. 
3)  make sure everything is installed on 32bit system - I put mine on a bootcamp Win32 XP SP3 OS.

The path is C:\Program Files\GLBasic_beta and i'm using XP sp3

That StarsTest app runs fine on my 2.2 ZTE Blade (rooted) 

Thanks

okee

Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrTAToad

Oh no - its a problem with this update and not a pathing issue...

Kitty Hello

Very strange. With the fix of the java-file, it worked for me. Please press the dump bin icon to rebuild from scratch.

Moebius

Didn't notice that button - very helpful.  I have been deleting the 'Android' build folder anyway.
Compiles and runs with 10.042, and with the fix compiles but crashes when starting using 10.051...  Already posted the relevant log.  An unsatisfied link involving "g_keyboard" is mentioned.

Should point out this is on 2.3.2, using a Galaxy S - which has no physical keyboard.
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

okee

I hadn't tried to compile for android before 10.051 so didn't know if it worked on  my system
I've removed 10.051 and reinstalled 10.001 and can compile to my Android phone now.
Is there any way to update to 10.042, i'm only offered 10.051 in the ide update.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2

MrTAToad

Gernot has found the reason, so it might be just worth waiting until the update comes out...

okee

Yeah, I'm happy enough just to get it running as i thought is was a problem with paths or sdks.

Kitty Hello

djtoon

is it out? why dosent glb ask for an update :(

MrTAToad

Kitty Hello

You can set how often you want GLBasic to check for an update at the start. It will be no more than once a day.
You can kick the update with the menu "Web/Internet Update" anytime, though.

okee

Hi gernot

That's up and running fine now, just 2 things there's no default icon for the app
The other problem is there are 4 new Drives on my computer each drive contains
the contents of the glbasicbeta directory

Update: restarting the computer got rid of them and it doesn't seem to be happening now

For anyone getting the errors
QuoteC:\Program Files\GLBasic_beta\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:639: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\GLBasic_beta\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:271: exec returned: 1
It seems like connectivity issues, you can check the current status of your Android device by typing
adb devices from command prompt, you may have to cd to the following directory before you run the command
C:\Program Files\GLBasic_beta\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\

It should return

List of Devices Attached
<serial no>   device

if it says device you should be fine anything else you may need to restart your device
if nothing appears it's probably a usb issue

djtoon

9.040 is the official version out 10V is still beta, yes?

MrTAToad

Indeed - there are a few issues left (well, one that I know of), so it shouldn't be too long...