Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Albert

Quote from: dreamerman on 2015-Feb-07
@Albert: try newer version, and if problem will still occur contact me with pm :-) That could be due to little mismatch with parsing platform.ini file..

Still the same problem.
Also I found, that you need restart the IDE? if you change something in Tools->Options.
Successfull the compile only if I chack to use pre GPC, but creating a not valid win32 executable
If I uncheck use pre GPC, then I get this error:
Code (glbasic) Select
Running GLBasic compiler
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.10.060 SN:8ef54a1b - 3D, NET

Wordcount:1 commands

GPC exited with code:  0

c++ sources ready, running gcc...
running cmd: GCC, in 'c:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12'
running cmd: LINK, in 'c:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12'

Some error occured durring compiling... code:  1

I tried it, nice editor.

I have a problem, it's generating an invalid executable, I compared all the *cpp and .h file generated to the temp and not found difference (generated from GLBasic and from BR_GLB_IDE). But the compiled .o file contains a lot of differencies and the a.exe is not a proper win32 executable. I tried to compile with my own command line set and it's working fine, compiling working a.exe.

Maybe i'm using an old GLBasic v12?

Code (glbasic) Select
C:\Users\bdobos\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic>"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\g++.exe" -B"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin" -pipe -O3 -w -c -x c++ -mwindows -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Include" -I"." -D_WINDOWS_ -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_OPENGL *.cpp

C:\Users\bdobos\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic>"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\g++.exe" -Wl,-Bdynamic,-enable-stdcall-fixup,--subsystem,windows -B"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Lib" -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Lib" -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Lib\DX7" -L"." -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Include" *.cpp "C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\icon.o" -lGLBasic -lpng -ldsound -ldinput8 -lwinmm -lole32 -lopengl32 -lvfw32 -lws2_32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32-luser32 -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32
Quote from: dreamerman on 2014-Sep-03

Pre-GPC archive (little pb app that can be used it other editors like SublimeText), includes SumblimeText 'package' started by Albert here, I have edited that package to get it working with my pre-compiler, apparently I removed info about that from first post, since I focused on code editor. I will add it again...

Hey it's me! I'm glad somebody found my experiment useful!  :enc:
Quote from: fivesprites on 2013-Jul-25
Yes! Apologies, I should have stated that it was your GUI code - which works fantastically well by the way :)

I'm glad you find it useful, no need to state anything, just use it.
I think this is because of the HD resolution. But I dunno, because it is a very old build of the game, maybe some debug feature remained in and make a lot of logging in the background...
Wow, I've OUYA too, but not enough spare time to develop for it.

I've only tried some old build of my games, and they was slow and 90° rotated. See more here:

Hey FIVE: that is a nice little thing. This is my Immediate Mode GUI?
I've compiled to HTML5 and uploaded to Kongregate just to see if this is possible.
Not the perfect game to showcase GLBasic true performance but I wanted smthing playable fast.
With ALPHATEST it looks quite cool!
Very interesting stuff. What a pity it has some serious issues (it crash for me quick). Wonder what the community will make with this code!
Now It's working on HTML5 too:
Strange fact that I had to remove DRAWLINE from the IMGUI codebase to run properly (There was 4 lines in the window's title). Drawline is too slow stuff?
For a little HTML5 benchmark test modify tha main code again to this:

Code (glbasic) Select
//create a blobMonster object
GLOBAL test[] AS blobMonster
CONSTANT numBlobs=10
REDIM test[numBlobs]

FOR i=0 TO numBlobs-1
test[i].Create(RND(300), RND(300), RND(1000))

SETLOOPSUB "GLB_ON_LOOP" // - GLBasic V11 calls this at the END of "main"

//main loop
@SUB GLB_ON_LOOP: // this is called by the framework after the "main" init module
//update and draw the blobmonster
FOR i=0 TO numBlobs-1


and blobMonster.Create to this:
Code (glbasic) Select
//function that returns a new blob monster object. Blitzmax equivalent (kind of)
//of a constructor in C++/Java
FUNCTION Create AS blobMonster:inX#, inY#, inTime#
DIM self.tail[self.segments]
//starting point of the blob monster
self.x = inX
self.y = inY
self.time = inTime
//give the tail some coordinates, just make them the same as the main x and y for now
FOR i = 0 TO self.segments - 1
self.tail[i].x# = inX
self.tail[i].y# = inY


And you got this:
Change part of the the main code to this:
Code (glbasic) Select
//create a blobMonster object
GLOBAL test AS blobMonster

test.Create(10, 10)

SETLOOPSUB "GLB_ON_LOOP" // - GLBasic V11 calls this at the END of "main"

//main loop
@SUB GLB_ON_LOOP: // this is called by the framework after the "main" init module
//update and draw the blobmonster


Compile to HTML5 and you get this:
And now they are working hard on BlackBerry 10.0 (QNX) mobile phones. I want compile to QNX from GLBasic NOW!