Is the WINE multiplatform build problem superficial...?

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

GLBasic always was able to be run in WINE as long as you built for windows (via F5 key or just compiler->build.) But I noticed, even Windows build gives the same error as any other platform if done within the "build-multiplatform" dialog. Maybe changing the default target for the F5 key would fix it? (Likely it's a much deeper problem having to do with compilers that don't work under WINE, but it would just save so much trouble to have GLB compile multiplatform in WINE... or even a native IDE. for OSX/Linux) 

mykyl66

I wondered what was up. I am using play for mac (Wine) and the build multiplatform bit in glbasic always gives a removed depracated x86 or whatever you have chosen. Thought I finally had the answer to no mac ide.

Mike

MrTAToad

Haven't tried it in WINE for a while - will have to try it.

Darmakwolf

Oh I forgot all about this post. And I started it! Lol. Anyway - I have since just stuck to the olde Windows... for better or for (mostly) worse, because it's just what almost everything is for. When I had a mac, it would have been super useful for testing more quickly. Unfortunately WINE is hit or miss. It's likely not an easy fix for Gernot because WINE is very complex, and finding out what the issue is can be more trouble than it's worth. Use a VM if you must.