6.005 Update

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Cant download it when I try the Web Update from IDE, says my 5.360 version is up to date?

(Had a wee look at the online log, another great update Gernot!)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mull

by me the same !
AMD Phenom II x4 955 Proc. 3.2 GHZ,  4GB Ram
Windows 7 64bit Ultima
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Leistungsindex 5,7

Hatonastick

I love the fact that GLBasic is constantly growing and improving.  Way to go Gernot!  :good:

[Edit] Whoops forgot to add that I can't update through the web update program either.  Just been reading the changelog.

Kitty Hello

How do you know about 6.005?? It's the current beta. I suggest you not to try it until I release it ;)

Hatonastick

Really?  The info is in the changelog in the news section of the official website. :)

Kitty Hello

Ah! The changelog. Sorry for that.

Moru

Sounds like an automated changelog that is a bit too eager? :-)

I have been here trying to update every time I pass the computer :-)

bigsofty

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2008-Sep-10
How do you know about 6.005?? It's the current beta. I suggest you not to try it until I release it ;)

No piece of knowledge passes without my knowing, my spies are everywhere! ... OK, I saw it on the news page too... :P hehe
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hatonastick

I've got the update and it's not even online yet.  :S
Ok, maybe not.   :whistle:

Ian Price

I'm getting some problems compiling two of my games in the 6.034Beta (others compile without problem). Both seem to have problems with ReadByte - to load in data. What's changed in this area?

Compiling B'lox! (which definitely compiled properly for PC and GP2X in earlier versions) gave this error -

*** Configuration: WIN32 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.2008.269 - 3D, NET
"blox.gbas"(458) warning : probably unassigned variable : rv
Wordcount:2191 commands

compiling:
C:\DOCUME~1\IANPRI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp0.cpp: In function `DGInt __GLBASIC__::load_data()':
C:\DOCUME~1\IANPRI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp0.cpp:312: error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'DGNat&' from expression of type 'double'
C:/Program Files/GLBasic/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:752: error: in passing argument 2 of `void __GLBASIC__::READBYTE(DGNat, DGNat&)'
C:\DOCUME~1\IANPRI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp0.cpp: In function `DGInt __GLBASIC__::load_profile()':
C:\DOCUME~1\IANPRI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp0.cpp:1276: error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'DGNat&' from expression of type 'double'
C:/Program Files/GLBasic/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:753: error: in passing argument 2 of `void __GLBASIC__::READWORD(DGNat, DGNat&)'
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 1.5 sec. Time: 10:06
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***
I came. I saw. I played.

Moru

READBYTE needs an integer I think, try declaring it:

GLOBAL byte%
READBYTE 1, byte

Ian Price

Yep that did the trick. Cheers Moru :)

Right. Next question. The "GP2X-WIZ" compile option doesn't appear to be working just yet - despite playing with the Project Settings, I get an error message. Am I missing something, or is it not supported in this release?
I came. I saw. I played.