GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

fivesprites

Yep, you should be able to play more than 4 sounds simultaneously.  It's a little complicated, but you basically have four soundpool instances that you can split your sounds across.

Soundpool has memory limitations, so you need to try and keep your sounds small.  If you split them across the instances, then you should be able to trigger multiple sounds multiple times without issue.

I tried to make it clearer in the sample application and the readme.txt, but if you have any questions or need help then just ask :)

//Andy

Kyo

When I wrote 10 platforms that do not work, mean that each platform additionally, born 1000 bugs .
My opinion is (and this is just my opinion ) is that it is better to have 2 complete platforms , which ten platforms to fix.
The fact that the engine is not mine ( in the sense that what I or you or another ask to fixes or add the engine ) is wrong !

I'd rather to pay $ 50 or $ 100 a year for a complete platform and be followed in the path of development (technically I have to produce commercial games and I can not release them with bugs that I can not fix ) .

Then I understand that Gernot is the only one to have to work all the changes of Engine ,I understand it!And  I have no pretensions of timing !

But for this I think it is better to work on one project at a time and complete it , considering the continuous evolution of iOS and Android !

Again it is just my thought and I will not disrespect the thoughts of others !
I have great respect for the work done on GL_Basic that I think might be the most popular engine if it had a few more details !
:good: :booze:

Kitty Hello

OK. The beta link is updated. This version is v12.001
It would be able to receive live updates, too.
If there are no big isssues, I'll release this version soonish.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

spacefractal

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

SnooPI

:good:   :nw:  Kitty Hello

Must we use the JDK 1.7?

Kitty Hello

For code signing I think. Or was it that code signing with 1.7 was broken and has been fixed? Either that or the other. 1.7 works at least.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

MrTAToad

I use 1.7.0.40, and with the modified key signing system, it works fine

spacefractal

im still uses the standard one, which do works fine. so its mightbeen incompatible with older java version (1.6.x). So its should works nice.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

SnooPI

Another very important question for me (and probably others)

At this moment the sound panning doesn't work on Android  :(
It will work after a live update?

Qedo

html5 work perfectly but only with Firefox
Can you try Bezier?
Ciao
Qedo

kanonet

@Qedo: I cant run your file, even in firefox. Its loading forever. I *think* I always had this when only using the html, without output.dat but nor 100% sure.

@Gernot: New Version compiling is telling this:
Code (glbasic) Select
running glb_build.bat
Using ANDROID_TARGET="android-8"
You can use "C:\Eigene Programme\GLBasic\Test1\distribute\Android\glb_android_build.bat" to change the API level and SDK path.
%ANDROIDSDK% not set. Using GLBasic's default target-8, Android 2.2
So we can now use different APIs etc.? Thats nice, is there an in deep explanation how to do this? (there is no bat at that path, do I need to create it?) Also @Spacefractal
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Qedo

@kanonet
it is true, without output.dat dont work,  its loading forever
You can simply add a any 0 byte output.dat file in the same directory.
Ciao
Qedo

MrTAToad

Yes, if you look at Chrome's debug log, it states :

QuoteXMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///C:/Users/Me/Downloads/output.data. Cross origin requests are only supported for HTTP. Bezier.html:1
Uncaught NetworkError: A network error occurred.

spacefractal

I'm have not checked how the new API things works. It's will got replaced with sdk upgrade by now anyway (that one I'm made). but it's im should update it to refleks gernots changes to that. So I'm look on that.

API-8 is just simply too outdated today (ouya and gamestick can't been supported example), and need update to a least API-14. My games still works on a least android 2.3, even with the newer API.

Qedo

In summary, bezier.html only works on firefox and not on other browsers. From the debug log of Chrome seems that the problem is "XMLHttpRequest can not load file :/ / / C :/ Users / Me / Downloads / output.data." So I modified bezier.html deleting all references to output.data and then deleting 'datafile_C: \ Users \ edo \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ GLBasic \ output.data', 'C: \ Users \ edo \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ GLBasic \ output.data ', and' output.data '.
I saved as Bezier1.html (attached) and now it works in Firefox, Chrome and Opera. It does not work in IE and Safari.
I do not know if it can be useful, but it might be a good way to understand the export html5.
Ciao
Qedo