Asteroids Vector Game

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Just published to production only yesterday...
Hope you guys like my Vector screen emulation :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gazzapper.asteroids.vector.shooter

If you can please leave a little review or rating :)

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

MrPlow

Comp:

bigsofty

Looks great, actually feels like the original asteroids game(SFX &GFX).  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

Thanks!
Added two more display modes in v 1.39

:)

Comp:

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Comp:

dreamerman

new modes 2 & 3 are brighter and they looks better in my opinion that first mode.
Only one issue that I have are hitboxes for gui elements, sometimes when playing it's hard to hit rotation/shoot button. You are using rect or circle based checking for that? I've checked with scriber and if you touch buttons inside them but near edge it doesn't detect that, you need to touch little closer to center of them, at least on my phone.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

Thanks Dreamerman! Glad your playing it and enjoying it!!!
I will look to increase the hitboxing on the next update.

Yes - the other modes are nicer!- but started with the lower one as there is an extra performance hit for modes 2 & 3 and wanted to make the game start at the most optimum for phones that might not have the CPU power.

Quote from: dreamerman on 2018-Jul-19
new modes 2 & 3 are brighter and they looks better in my opinion that first mode.
Only one issue that I have are hitboxes for gui elements, sometimes when playing it's hard to hit rotation/shoot button. You are using rect or circle based checking for that? I've checked with scriber and if you touch buttons inside them but near edge it doesn't detect that, you need to touch little closer to center of them, at least on my phone.
Comp: