Android Blanks screen

Previous topic - Next topic

spudgunjake

I have a samsung Galaxy 1, When I run my app, It hangs, When I force stop and try again it works but displays a white screen, No graphics, all my paths are correct 100%,

I know its working because I can click on blank icons to go to sub menus.  if I mess around with the res in options and change the screen size it works. but it seems to be hit and miss,  but I still have to force stop and try again, then it works  its like it cant find the graphics

I have changed my AndroidManifest.xml settings as directed in this forum,  all my graphics are 320,480, but my samsung is 480,900, should this matter.

any pointers would be a help.

john.

Wampus

Can you still use the print command? If so, you could use it to test many variables and conditions to see if all is as it should. For example, try LOCAL dir$ = GETCURRENTDIR$() and printing that, just to see if it is where it should be.

The resolution shouldn't matter. My Galaxy S2 has an 800x480 screen. It defaults to 533x320 unless I change settings in AndroidManifest.xml and regardless of resolution my images display as expected.

MrTAToad

Its possible there is a long loading time (which could simulate a hang).  If possible display all progress so you can see where the problem is.

Hatonastick

I don't have a Galaxy I but I do have a Galaxy Mini and a ZTE tablet.  In both cases there is a fairly long load time with a blank screen.  First time it happened I thought my program had hung.
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).