GLBasic Competition: Board games

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

FutureCow,

that second part made me remember programing basic on my first machine, a tandy color computer(coco2), hell that is mind frying on the first look, but efficient! could not help laugh when you said "low memory" as there were only 16kb available for coco basic...

excellent suggestions and snip!

Redostrike, I did not mean to let school loose, was just a joke, sorry. But again, if you need some help on the gfx, I would gladly help! I myself have to deal with freelance work and other bits that for sure get on my will to make part of this comp, I don't even know if I can finish in time yet, may have to drop some ideas... sad.

I got the idea of the rules now, but I could never hint as good as Futurecrow just did

Hatonastick

Quote from: Ian Price on 2009-Dec-01
Mousetrap is indeed a board game - without the board the game wouldn't be possible. The pieces attach to it and the mice race around it.
You must have had the deluxe model, ours required us to move the pieces by hand.  =D

matchy

Erico, that dearly reminds me also that the cool coco2 is my first aswell. Especially the thrill when I got it and the upgrade from 16k Color Basic to 64k Extended Color Basic. :P

Hatonastick

Quote from: FutureCow on 2009-Dec-01
Sure Mousetrap is a board game! I'll trap anyone's mouse who tries to suggest otherwise!  >:D
Yes you are right. :)  I loved that game.  Sorry about that, my BoardGameGeek snobbery was showing.  :whistle:

That was a joke btw, they (mostly) aren't snobs.

At the very basic level it could also be argued that Mouse Trap is a simplistic Rube Goldberg machine too.  ;)

Redostrike

@FutureCow: Your first option was something that i was thinking of it still looks confusing a bit, but i'll look into it more after i get some school stuff done. The second option is also nice but i thing even more complicated. I was thinking of also doing a read from file with all options availible to check if there is a match. I will be looking for the best call for me. There are indeed alot of possible ways to tackle this problem.

FutureCow

My suggestion is to make your solution as simple as possible. There is a lot of room for niggly little bugs due to all the combinations of dice rolls you can get so keep it simple to make debugging simple.
If you get stuck and would like some help just post on the forum - if I don't post back pretty quickly I'm sure someone else will!
If you want particular help on my solution, send me a personal message to save filling this forum post with lots of questions.
Cheers!

namco

Here's the tile test for my entry:

I'm still getting to grips with isometric pixel art...

FutureCow

When's the splash screen going to be available Gernot?

Kitty Hello

FutureCow

If you wanted to extend the competition to give yourself plenty of time to do a splash screen...   :whistle:

Ian Price

Quote from: FutureCow on 2009-Dec-21
If you wanted to extend the competition to give yourself plenty of time to do a splash screen...   :whistle:

Yes, that's exactly what you should do Gernot. Spend an extra month or so creating a nice splash-screen. ;)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Oh, it was due Jan 12. I extended it by one month now.
It was too quick for me either - I've not finished any preparations, yet. Only thing I did, was get the prizes.

Ian Price

So the end date is now Feb 12th?

Yay!!! :D
I came. I saw. I played.

FutureCow

Awesome!
(If only that meant I'd produce something of higher quality...  :blink: )

matchy

A month extension is appreciated!