GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

It also comes with the updated DDgui stuff. 

The changes are thusly :

Quote// 11.261-beta
   // Editor:
   //    Context menu offers "Google" option.
   //    Option to disable splash screen implemented.
   //    TYPEs are listed in jump-bar.
   //    Context menu of tabs improved.
   //    Click mouse wheel on a tab to close it.
   //    Context menu: "tools/insert date" was added.
   //    Incorrect highlighting of e.g. "read%" to "READ%" fixed.
   //
   // Samples:
   //    _projects_\native_gui added. A win32 and GTK wrapper based native GUI
   //        with an dialog editor.
   //
   // New Command:
   //-    FLOOR() and CEIL()(manual)
   //    HEX$()
   //    SETLOOPSUB
   //    IIF(expression, on_true, on_false)
   //    X_OBJADDVERTEX_NORMAL - call before X_OBJADDVERTEX to user define the normals.
   //                            Set X_AUTONORMALS to 0 beforehand.
   //
   // Compiler:
   //    Uses string pooling for constant strings to gain more compact binaries.
   //    ?ELSEIF implemented.
   //    Output of GPCxxxx error numbers for searching in the forums.
   //    Nested ?IFDEF did not work sometimes.
   //    GBAL - libraries are working again. (Editor didn't pass them to compiler)
   //
   // Core:
   //    SAVESPRITE - png does not include palette information (smaller files)
   //    ASR() always returns a positive number (treat input as unsigned int32)
   //    If CREATESCREEN fails, GETSPRITESIZE will return 0,0.
   //    LIMITFPS has optional vsync parameter (not all platforms supported).
   //    Faster handling of constant strings.
   //    ALLOWESCAPE didn't work on console apps (NETWEBEND always ended)
   //    New data type: int64. Demo: LOCAL i64 AS int64; i64 = ...
   //        FILESEEK and GETFILESIZE work with int64 now.
   //    RETURN a=b // code was converted to "return a=b" instead of "a==b".
   //
   // Mac, Linux:
   //    AUTOPAUSE FALSE was ignored.
   //
   // Win32, WinCE:
   //    KILLFILE can also remove empty directories.
   //
   // Android:
   //-    PLATFORMINFO$("DOCUMENTS") returns external SD card directory
   //-    PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")   returns internal storage (same as before)
   //       if you need the old documents, use PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")+"/.."
   //    PLATFORMINFO$("LANG") now returns java.util.Locale.getDefault().getLanguage()
   //       instead of getDisplayCountry()
   //
   //    Better compiler optimization flags for faster results.
   //    Support for pause/resume.
   //    Copying of initial Media directory indicated with idle animation.
//-schnelleres kopieren aus dem forum einbauen!!!
   //    Rotating the screen with manifest.xml:
   //        <activity android:screenOrientation="sensor"
   //                  android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation"
   //        works now. GETSCREENSIZE and GETDESKTOPSIZE will be changed.
   //    GETJOY*() return values in factors of G (again).
   //
   // iPhone:
   //    Retina of "new iPad" supported. If you pick 1024x768 or 768x1024 you get the
   //        compatible iPad1/2 mode.
   //    PLATFORMINFO$("ID") returns unique string w/o depending on hardware.
   //        (uses file in PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")+"/glbasic.deviceid")
   //    iphone.xcl file was ignored.
   //
   // 3D:
   //    X_PRINT has optional kerning parameter.
   //    X_PRINT faster on mobiles.
   //    X_LOADOBJ "",n% didn't free the memory (for X_GENOBJ).
   //    Shadows of animated X_DRAWANIM objects were not interpolated properly.

bigsofty

The log states 11.261, is that correct?

Thanks for going to the bother of the cut and paste though. :)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Yes, it is correct!

No problem :)

mentalthink

HI I think it's important put in the first post the code in html for try if works... I think in html din't use While true >>>Wend... the loop it's doing another thing... I try to search but I can't find... perhaps this can be a confusion, perhaps someone Works html but for use While- true>>>wend don't works correctly...

About the times... I try whit black sun it's a bit great the code and for me only cost  about 45 seconds, I'm not sure but I thnk it's less thanks the 10.xxx (I'm use this for now...)

spacefractal

im trying out the new beta soon, howover its might still been nice with the skip idea for media, which is for me not required to do and want to control anything my self, which is include media. Its a simple idea that dosent break ide at all (the slowdown issue) and should been easy to been done.

Howover when html5/javascript is done, mightbeen that means its can been used for wraps for other os, like Windows Phone 7.5 and 8.0 as well other OS, which cant run native c++, but embeded html5/javascript? Of course some features mightbeen lost, but its better than nothing.

to compile metro/modern apps, Visual Studio Express 2012 is property required to been used, but since its only require a free reguster, its can been possible doing that (just like xcode is required for iOS). The url is here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30703

Alternative PhoneGap could also mightbeen tried out if its can been used, but its seen its require a lots of tools, so not sure.

Even my game might require different code for workaround eventuelly issues, but as long we are aware about it, its nothing problem for eventuelly limit.

PS. Platforms using this that could been paid as a extra tool and separate download, me thinks as own package when beta is ended (etc $20-$50 me thinks). Not sure about rasperry pi trought.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

hardyx

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2013-Feb-15
It also comes with the updated DDgui stuff. 

The changes are thusly :

Quote// 11.261-beta
   // .......

Wow, what a lot of improvements !!

GBAL - libraries are working again. (Editor didn't pass them to compiler)
Oh my God!!

MrTAToad

Just need to get HTML 5 fully working now :)

mentalthink

Just need to get HTML 5 fully working now :)

Well Gernnot comment this works, but perhaps whit a fresh installation...

I'm sure this it's a very little wrong in something , when we have html5 this will be awesoming...

We say in Spain ("Lo bueno se hace de esperar")  =D =D

r0ber7

For Android: which SDK will the Beta be using?

Kitty Hello

Android still uses 8. That's 2.1 I think. It's still widespread.

Incredibuild only works for win32. Are the compile times so high? I changed the compiler to use string popling for constant strongs, which speeds up string stuff immensely and shrinks executablrs for stuff like DDGui a lot.

Kitty Hello

... HTML5 still is not working. So strange.

spacefractal

Yes compiles was quite very high. It's can been both compiling as well checking all media. It's only in v 11.2xx I seen that. Not sure newer beta.

Only 8% uses v2.2 today (3% uses v2.1). So much less marketshare in google play. Also Apple did dropped support for older arm6 devices too (even my own game don't support them, because I wanted iPhone 5 support).

But rather drop it, selectable sdk is just all I want. No less and no more  :-). It's should not break glbasic doing that (one installed officially). Its would been easier to support a android console using the required sdk they might uses.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

And 45% use 2.3.x...

spacefractal

as Im wrote before, I wont try to integrate the ODK from OUYA SDK (when the console in to market), before a least a selectable SDK and use a least Ice Cream Sandwich (which I read lastest NDK uses that).

Im fear v2.2 is too old and cause some uneccery issues, just like the ads service I have last year (which all required SDK v2.3 and that did shown). Due that, Im simply not trying to integrate the ODK on a old SDK at all, and not blind integrate due I need to wait for the console for the official release. Yes its might run, but its also might shown some issues as well.

45% for v2.3 is still very very nice, but its a biit sad Jelly Bean have low marketshare, even its the best Android version out here.

Schranz0r

Quote// Samples:
   //    _projects_\native_gui added. A win32 and GTK wrapper based native GUI
   //        with an dialog editor.

have no folder with this name :/
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard