Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

Widget101

Looks awesome!

Very well done. That's a lot of hard work and dedication.

How much development time do you think you put into it?

I'll check it out on Steam.

r0ber7

Thanks for playing!

I've worked on it on and off for 9 years.

Widget101

Looks good. Love the vibe and atmosphere. Can tell there's a lot of work gone into it. Well done!

I've got through to Level 3 'Tower Tunnel Jump' but can't progress when I get off the Viking ship. Moving right I fall through the ground and drown.
I found that if I jump when on the ship I can walk along through the air for a while but then fall off after a short while and fall through the floor again. If I walk off the ship and jump its like I'm hitting an invisible ceiling.

Looks like maybe the platform collision is out of sync with the level?

I've posted a short vid below to show you:

Vid removed as it's now fixed. :)

Can't get past this point in the game.

Let me know when you've seen it and I'll delete.

Cheers,

Steve.

spacefractal

im have tested it and confirm it. Also you can do get past it by jumping on the water, but then the game might crash back to desktop after a few death (as im tested the area).

Howover im do not have the wierd VIEWPORT issue here throught as seen on your youtube. Im guess this has been happens because the original resolution game use does not present in fullscreen. so glbasic failed to set that resolution and still uses the desktop resolution? This is why im in my games allways uses the desktop resolution and scale to that. All you do need here to set a proper VIEWPORT and center it, then the issue is fixed. Im dont mind borders at all.0

This was a issue a user have pointed it back in 2019 throught.

Also the windowred mode does not work correctly as well and uses larger than the desktop, looks odd. Just resize it some where 64 pixels down or use the game native resoloution.

in Greedy Mouse im did that, while im in Power Up Elevation used its game native resolution (but scaling down if its dont fit as im remember):
Code (glbasic) Select

GETDESKTOPSIZE x, y
FOR i=1 TO 3
LOCAL oldy=y
x=x-64
y=x*0.5625
LOCAL diff=ABS(oldy-y)
IF diff>128 THEN BREAK
NEXT
SETSCREEN x, y, 0;

Im do not remember where 0.5625 game from, property to retain a screen ratio format in windowered mode.

Im wonder why im diddent play  the game, as im really like it and the flow and even nice camera scrolling as well? The atmosphere is excellent and well done! Love that.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

Thank you for reporting this bug.  :good: I will release a small update soon that will fix this. Will let you know in this thread.

spacefractal

and if you ask me, no need to delete bug reports. im is happy to get those in my games as well. im will newer delete bug reports. its a reason :-D. Some bugs can sometimes been quite strange....
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

I just released an update that should fix the issue some of you have been having in level 3. If you encounter any additional things please let me know.

spacefractal

not fixed here. still fall throught floor start in level 3 and all enemies walk on the water. Im did even  tried to validate. So did you updated with right exe file?

r0ber7

Quote from: spacefractal on 2020-Jun-18
not fixed here. still fall throught floor start in level 3 and all enemies walk on the water. Im did even  tried to validate. So did you updated with right exe file?

Did you get the update? You should not even start near water now. If it still fails, you can skip level with "N" in dev mode (show FPS in options)

spacefractal

LINK REMOVED (ITS WAS DELETED, was about a bug as im remember).

yes im did. im even deleted all Media files and sync it.

The level data might not have updated correctly and need a reupload (and make sure you use the changed files as this also sometimes happens here too).

This also happens to me few times when im forgot to manually copy the data files, glbasic might not replace when compiling the win32 version or you diddent press on the live button (but the game exe seens to been updated, but not the dat files?).

Widget101

I've still got the error after the steam update as well. Still falling through the ground when leaving the boat on level .

r0ber7

Thank you for your replies. I will look into it today.

r0ber7

I have released an update that locks the resolution on 1280x800, as I could see you were having some graphical glitches as well. The collision problem was caused by code that works fine on 1280x800 and 640x400, but not others. I also adjusted the calculations. Anyway, I have released an additional update solving this problem. If you would try it out that would be great. I've also opened up all three first levels for all players now.
Once again thank you for giving such a good bug report with a video and everything, helps me a lot. :)

spacefractal

yes that fixed the issue and works perfectly on windowered mode in that level. also not all monitor supports 1280x800 and then might looks very wierd and strected.

in Karma Miwa im did also internal collosion used a fixed resolution, but was completed uneffected by the gameplay that used different assets to draw the scene.

But you could also want to uses a virtual offscreen and scaling it (include mouse):
https://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=9848.0

Howover....... Good fix in the end and im would have do the same thing property and playable without those bugs. that is most important! Windowred mode does plays PERFECTLY as well.

SnooPI

:)
You really are the most patient and helpful guy I know in the programming world, Spacefractal.
You have my respect, and it's really sincere  ;)