bug: No undo when EDITOR auto marking functions

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

Some things I came to write something like this:

FOR i=1 TO R:

Also colon istedet for underscore, where colon on a danish keyboard is just left for the _ key.

So when that happens, all variables which have r would been change to R, just directly after when wrote :... As you guess its cause a lots of compile errors.

But its pretty annoying you cannot undo that change, when happens... Editor simply not change it back again, which it should. So I need to manual find all the changes to revert it every time.

Also functions write after some commands should never cause editor to change any letter since its not valid anyway, or editor should first auto mark when you change line..... or something like that.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Slydog

I hate when the editor thinks I'm typing a keyword and capitalizes it for me and 'undo' doesn't undo the change.

Gernot, would it be possible to insert the 'auto-capitalize' call into the 'undo' event list?
That way you could undo to before the capitalizing, unlike now where you're stuck with it.
I'm not sure if you have control of the IDE to that level though.

Or have the editor auto-backup your source files when you click 'compile'! [Edit: and when you click 'save' so you have control when it happens]
Perhaps to '\ProjectFolder\_backup\2012_06_23_23_59_59\....'?  A method of version control.
[Edit: I'm not too serious about this, but it would be nice]

But, one thing you can do right now to be able to revert back to a previous file change is to use 'DropBox'.
They allow you to revert any file (within 30 days) to any previous version.
Plus you can access your code from anywhere in the world.
And it makes collaborating on a project much easier.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Kitty Hello

OK. But there's also the option to auto-capitalize only on pressing the compile button.

Moru

that might lead to missing a keyword getting capitalized long after you typed it.

Kitty Hello

Slydog

How about an 'AUTO-CAPITALIZE' when you leave the line?
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Moru

I'm sure Microsoft has that patented already :-)

Gary

Quote from: Slydog on 2011-Jun-23But, one thing you can do right now to be able to revert back to a previous file change is to use 'DropBox'.
They allow you to revert any file (within 30 days) to any previous version.
Plus you can access your code from anywhere in the world.
And it makes collaborating on a project much easier.

Now I never knew that. Very handy, cheers