Sculptgl

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Anyone who remembers Sculptris will be right at home with this. Its a 3d modeler/topology editor.

http://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/

Lets hope Pixologic lets this developer carry on without a buy-out!  :S
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mentalthink

Just I test only a bit and is awesome can be done in the browser , really amazing.

About the program is "very basic" you don't have things like retopology (obviously can do in another soft). For me the best is Coat3D too much than Zbrush.

I think the future of all programs will be into the browser, things like 3ds max and another expensive programs, if you have acces paying you can use else you can't use the soft.

Thanks for the link, becuase I think can be very usefull, for do Sprites or simply test more in depth is very interesting...

bigsofty

It's deceptively powerful and easy to pickup. Open source too. Now if I could just figure out how use the normal maps on a low poly decimated mesh.  :S
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

It works pretty nice, there is even a dynamic mesh thing to auto subdivide for you, but sculptris still has some awesome subdivision add/remove control which is hard to find anywhere else.